Xc 70

whitey70

To all of you that left messaages on my other topic (XC70 Nose Weight)

Have just picked my new XC70 on friday Have done about 500 miles very smooth as the

6 speed manual much better than the geertronic and the preformance from the 183bhp is out standing for a hevey car like this. The six seeped is a lot smoother than the 5 spped in the S60 D5 that i had,

Did in the end have to go for a tow bar through volvo, could only find dealers which could get the v70awd tow bar but does not fit XC70 and the nose weight is only 75kg as stated in volvo handbook.

Have not towed carravan yet but think that the 6 speed will do well, will keep you all in touch

Best regards

Paul

Cool,

It is nice when you pick up a new car (apart from that new car smell) everyone else seems to like it but I hate that smell!!

Bet you are having fun playing with all the gadgets, My Boss's wife has one and its quite nice :) Also sat high up is cool, get a different view on the world.

Enjoy it

Scott

Guest Hobbybod
. . . .

6 speed manual much better than the geertronic and the preformance from the 183bhp is out standing for a hevey car like this. The six seeped is a lot smoother than the 5 spped in the S60 D5 that i had,

. . .

Best regards

Paul

40946[/snapback]

Paul I reckon you've made the right choice. When I tried a an XC70 with the geartronic box I thought it dreadful; skins, pulling and rice puddings coming to mind! Just no urge or response.

Tried the manual version (or V70, can't remember now) and it was a much better proposition; far better 'pick-up' and response to 'throttle' changes.

Hope it 'suits you Sir'!

I'm sure you've made the right choice. IMO the D5 engine matched to a geartronic gearbox is a poor drivetrain. My next car will probably be another V70 or XC70 and will definitely have a D5 with a manual gearbox.