Price Rise... & Then Rip Javelin :((

Malt

People of the forum I bring sad news. ..

We have just taken delivery of the last batch of the Sky Pace Javelin receivers. These units have been really popular with us "van people" due their small size & 12V / 240v operation.

Description here.

http://www. smallworld. uk. com/pace. htm

Due to the demand the price will be going UP very shortly as the supplier has increased their cost dramatically. The units are currently £179 inc and will be going up to at least £200 within the next few days & probably hit £229 for the last few units. A lot of other retailers have already sold out & the ones with stock left have already put the price up. (At least one dealer has hit £250)

If you are likely to want a slim line Sky box for your van in the foreseeable future buy one now. ... when they have gone they will be gone!

I will keep the price as low as possible but if I have pay extra I have no choice but to pass the cost on.

If you order any of the units you must mention that you are a member of this forum, as the price for the shop customers will be going up on Tuesday morning when the cheaper stock has been exhausted.

Regards

Mal

as the supplier has increased their cost dramatically.

Why? We all know that the price of electonic gear goes down over time, not up! If the suppliers are increasing the cost simply to capitalise on high demand then my advice would be. .dont buy them. .they'll soon come down in price then!!!

NRF

Why? We all know that the price of electonic gear goes down over time, not up!  If the suppliers are increasing the cost simply to capitalise on high demand then my advice would be. .dont buy them. .they'll soon come down in price then!!!

NRF

40874[/snapback]

It depends on the product. .. no one will be making a 12v very small Satellite box that will work with SKY. Basic economics tells you that price is based upon supply & demand.

There will be no supply so demand will be high.

I don't agree with the supplier putting the price up. ..people will pay what they think fair & that's all. I have no choice but to pass the cost on or I will make a loss not a profit & have to sell the kids again. :))

In the electronic industry the price has come down due to to two factors. . China making lots of things cheap & margins for the dealers getting a lot less. Some of the internet dealers work on selling at cost & just making retro discount. .. hence Time/Tiny, Unbeatable . co. uk etc all going to the wall!

We sell the product at a fair cost & we supply the service to backup the sale for free!

If you employ a plumber to fix your pipes are you paying him for the copper or for the reassurance that it shouldn't leak water through your ceiling?

Regards

Mal