Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird1

Seasonal Pitch For Tourer Northumberland/north East Coast

Hello,

I hope someone can help?

We have recently purchased a caravan and would ideally like to site it somewhere close to the North East coast (South Shields and above but no further North of Alnwick). We live in County Durham and would prefer not to travel too far so we can get away with our son (3years old) on a weekend. We don’t have to be on the coast a bit inland would do. We are just drawing a blank I have spent ages researching on the internet but we are drawing a blank. We’re not after anything too fancy as long as there are showers and a park we would be happy.

Any advice or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Hi, we live in Northumberland and often thought the same about a seasonal pitch. To be honest don't think there are many sites near south shields that offer seasonal pitches. You could try sites near Morpeth. I know you said you didn't want to travel past Alnwick but there are some good sites located in Berwick Upon Tweed, Ord House is one. Sorry cant help.

You could try here http://www. tyneside. com/info/20217/

I dont honestly know if they have seasonal pitches or not but it might be worth a call

Edit dont think the link works here is the address and phone number

Sandhaven Caravan Park

Bents Park Road

South Shields

NE33 2NL

0191-454 5594

Edited by Ter

Thanks for your suggestions. I would love to go as far as Bamburgh/Berwick but we've got to limit the travel time. I looked into Sand Haven they do, do seasonal pitches but for £2200 which I thought was steep. I'm going to contact Forget me Knot tomorrow as it looks nice from the website and offers everything we would need and not too far from the coast - so again thanks very much.

They've just had some alterations done too. ... We booking up for a week in April. ..

hi am on seasonal at forgetmenot for 2 years now. there are a few plots left . great site good pub ex. kev

hi am on seasonal at forgetmenot for 2 years now. there are a few plots left . great site good pub ex. kev

Do you find the site suitable for dogs? many thanks Ellen

Dogs are welcome to the site yes. ... As have seen a few vans with them. . also a couple let loose to do what they want. ..

Thats just so annoying, we have in the past struggled with our 2 dogs on a lead being followed by dogs just let loose on a site. It gives dog owners a bad name and then some will wonder why dogs are banned from lots of sites.

yes theres plenty dogs there, usual rules apply ie kept on lead, we have a german shepherd and he will be joining us once awnings up in april, kev

in reply to Ellen,

the rules on the site are dogs must be kept on a lead, if there have been any dogs left loose it must have been from the touring field but they would have been told by management to put this right, or if a dog has managed to get loose, but we have never seen any dogs loose certainly not on the seasonal field, kev

Edited by kevtempnufc

I'm looking for a seasonal site 1 hour away from Newcastle for around £1000