Old Awning Bigger Caravan

I have a 892 isabella awning and am upgrading to a caravan requiring a 971cm awning. This appears to be a tadge over the recomended (by some!) extension limit of 70cm. Has anyone done this succesfully? or does anyone know of a kit that will allow me to fit it as a rather large porch awning. . ie are there bits available to make it work?

thanks

dave

If the awning is in good condition it would probably be best to get the necessary width sewn into it. See the other posts on this subject which have been on the forum in the last few days.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

H, we have used a full Isabella awning as a midi awning on a larger van. It acutally tells you how to do it on Isabella's website and we bought a kit to do it from Jackson's of Old Arley.

Hope this helps,

Pete

Volvo

We have just bought a slighter bigger caravan and our awning too will not fit. We were told by our Caravan Dealers that they can send it off an have a bit inserted. ....I think the cost is about £150 so we are happy with that. ...saves selling it and having to buy a bigger one. ....will keep you posted when we get it back . .... :)

Thanks to those of you that replied. ... looked at some of the "references" provided by the cheaper alteration people and thought my wife would die if ours turned out like that. Isabella quoted £242 to exend but rightly pointed out that it woul be a different shape to a normal awning, recommended a couple of extra poles at £87 and of course I would probably have to have a new skirt. Which seems to take the price up to the "buy a new one" state. So a new one it will be, Isabella of course as we like them, which takes us out of the "buy a new one" state. But hey, we might get something for the old one, or should I save it for one of the kids, along with the garage full of coffee tables, chests etc we are keeping for the youngest (fifth). Rambling now, thanks again anyway.

Dave