Kia Sedona 2.9 Crdi

PeteS

This may be of interest to Kia Sedona diesel owners and others with Common Rail Diesel engines.

I have today recieved a chipping package that connects to the injectors sensor plug and intercepts and changes the data from the ECU.

I intend to fit it tomorrow and run the vehicle for a 1000 miles to see the difference.

My main reason for purchasing this system is for fuel economy, at the moment I am getting 29. 5 mpg average.

This box has been purchased from a company who advertise that they develop and build there own systems.

Has anyone else fitted one of these and what are your conclusions?

I will report back after the 1000 mile test with my conclusions or earlier if significant differences are noticed.

Regards

Pete

This may be of interest to Kia Sedona diesel owners and others with Common Rail Diesel engines.

I have today recieved a chipping package that connects to the injectors sensor plug and intercepts and changes the data from the ECU.

I intend to fit it tomorrow and run the vehicle for a 1000 miles to see the difference.

My main reason for purchasing this system is for fuel economy, at the moment I am getting 29. 5 mpg average.

This box has been purchased from a company who advertise that they develop and build there own systems.

Has anyone else fitted one of these and what are your conclusions?

I will report back after the 1000 mile test with my conclusions or earlier if significant differences are noticed.

Regards

Pete

40367[/snapback]

hope you didn't pay much for it, its just a 50p resister, and yes they sort of work,

but i wouldn't use such a device on my proud and joy.

Guest iancjc

I'm having my citroen c8 remapped tomorrow - same idea but the ecu is basically reprogrammed.

It should provide an extra 28bhp (from 110 to 138) and 50nm (from 270 to 320) torque.

I'll post some findings here for comparison.

Ian

It would be of interest to a lot of people if when you report your findings on these devices you could give a rough idea of how much your insurers raise your premium by. The information would assist in gauging the viability of fitting one myself. I wouldn't want a hefty increase in my insurance but neither would I run the risk of the policy being invalidated.

Guest iancjc
It would be of interest to a lot of people if when you report your findings on these devices you could give a rough idea of how much your insurers raise your premium by. The information would assist in gauging the viability of fitting one myself. I wouldn't want a hefty increase in my insurance but neither would I run the risk of the policy being invalidated.

40409[/snapback]

Can't tell you how much it improves the car yet but it added around £75 to my annual premium with privilege insurance. Not bad for the additional 25% of power - they are pretty clued up on this as they just asked what increase in bhp I would get and then quoted the extra in about 10 seconds.

I certainly would advise telling the insurance co - not worth the risk.

Ian

Guest iancjc

well just driven 40 miles to work - car is basically transformed! far far easier to drive at all speeds and better acceleration and pulling power.

I drive the same 40 miles twice a day and today my mpg was as good as I have ever achieved as well - so overall, initally at least, it looks good to me.

One thing that has happened is a dead spot I have had since new and that 2 dealers have been unable to correct also looks to have gone.

£200 looking well spent. ................. so far.

Hi

Could you tell me a bit more about this unit ie is it a self fit and who the company is? Thanks :)

Gio no it is not just a resistor that is for petrol engines. This is a box of electronics.

Bighair

Company is Diagnostix can't remember the web address but just put it into google and that should bring it up.

Cost, well I paid £124 on Ebay. They sell via their own website and have started putting them on Ebay.

Initial findings after a run to work and back approx 22 miles.

car feels livlier acceleration better gear changing (auto) better flat spot that kia's are known for a lot better. Fuel consumption will take a lot longer to work out.

Yes the one I have is self fit just needs to cut one wire and attach bullet connectors plus connect 2 scotchlocks.

Pete

Guest iancjc

for me the remapping consistied of a visit from a technician - plugged his laptop into the car and burnt the ecu via the laptop - gave me a backup cd of the original first

like updating the bios on a pc

cost 199 all in including the travel to my house.

very happy.

Ian

Gio no it is not just a resistor that is for petrol engines. This is a box of electronics.

Bighair

Company is Diagnostix can't remember the web address but just put it into google and that should bring it up.

Cost, well I paid £124 on Ebay. They sell via their own website and have started putting them on Ebay.

Initial findings after a run to work and back approx 22 miles.

car feels livlier acceleration better gear changing (auto) better flat spot that kia's are known for a lot better. Fuel consumption will take a lot longer to work out.

Yes the one I have is self fit just needs to cut one wire and attach bullet connectors plus connect 2 scotchlocks.

Pete

40476[/snapback]

yes it is. all it does is to change the resistance, so that your electronics thinks it

needs to add more fuel and air . and £124, as well.

what do you thing it is that only splices into 1 wire, a computer.

its a nice pretty box with a 60p resistor. and who told you that rubbish about a

resistor being for only petrolcars, if anything its for turbo cars petrol and diesel.

the flat spot people keep talking about, is there to improve mpg when the cars

has to set its urban and extra urban cycle. slightly weak mixture so as to give a

better mpg figure.

for me the remapping consistied of a visit from a technician - plugged his laptop into the car and burnt the ecu via the laptop - gave me a backup cd of the original first

like updating the bios on a pc

cost 199 all in including the travel to my house.

very happy.

Ian

40510[/snapback]

thats a good price for a remapp, mind telling me who did it, came to your house.

that good service.

Guest iancjc
thats a good price for a remapp, mind telling me who did it, came to your house.

that good service.

40529[/snapback]

www. sp-tuning. co. uk

the remap is from http://www. speed-buster. de/

the price was via an ebay offer for hdi engines - there are some very dodgy ones selling this sort of thing out there but I'm happy with what this guy did and the way he did it. I also have a backup of the orginal settings on cd and I didn't pay a thing until I was happy with it.

I saw others had had it done on a C8 forum with good results by the same guy.

Didn't fancy an add on box as I may have got my fingers dirty!

Ian