Appalling Standards Of Driving

Steven

Hi all, :angry::angry:

Well what a weekend, we have just returned from a weekend away with the caravan visiting family in Lancashire and I have to say I am appalled by the poor standard of driving displayed by both caravaners and others towing trailers.

On the M66 going down a long sweeping steep hill, in the 2nd lane a Kia Sedona and a Mitsubishi Shogun Sport both pulling caravans, nose to tail travelling at 55mph, braking, caravans waggling about trying to decide which side to pass the car on, with a queue of about 7 HGV artic lorries in tow.

A small caravan on the back of a Frontera passed us and must have been doing 75-80mph.

A guy in a Discovery with an empty, long car transporter trailer in the 3rd lane of the Motorway doing 70mph.

An airport taxi minibus with trailer again in the 3rd lane of the motorway.

Do these people forget they have a trailer on the back or do they not know you cannot use the 3rd lane if you are towing.

Not a police car in sight as usual.

Grumpy? too right

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

I doubt it makes much difference to them whether they have a trailer/caravan or not.   They all sound like a bunch of cr*p for brains! :blink:

40344[/snapback]

Too true, just let them get on with it but give them plenty of space/distance.

Even though I use the M66 daily - it wasn't me! Alright! ;)

40570[/snapback]

Sorry Mr Grumpy, no inference was meant and hopefully none taken.

Steve

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

Of course not mate - it was a poor attempt at humour :)

40672[/snapback]

And mine was a poor attempt at humouring you.

Cheers

Steve

Archived