Cracking Around Plug In Shower Tray

peartreehill bob

<_< Hi Folks we have a March 2004 Pageant Auvergne.

It has now got a crack in the shower tray around the plug hole.

I noticed it a few weeks ago when cleaning out the van.

Should this be covered under warranty???

I have phoned the dealer but they did not sound too hopeful !!!

We have not had a lot of faults with the van so far and any time we did, it was always sorted out with no fuss. ..

I do hope Bailey dont let us down with this one. ..

Regards Bob :unsure:

Bob,

I think this should be covered by the warranty. I have read of this before, there was not enough support under the tray at the plug position. Since I read about this I have put an extra peice of carpet in the wash room and it goes without saying, no one goes in with shoes on.

Give it a go, when reading our warranty it sounded like ours wasn't covered but Swift gave it the OK via the dealer, and we didn't buy it from them, so def worth a try.

Hi

My brother in law has exactly the same fault with his 2004 Discovery. The van is being repaired under warranty as we speak. So no problems as far as the warranty is concerned.

Hi bob

We had a Lunar LX2000 and the same thing happened. the whole tray was replaced by Lunar under warranty no hassle, But the man at Lunar informed

us how it broke. he suggested someone had stood on it :(

Ezza

he suggested someone had stood on it  :( 

40428[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but that kind of comment deserves a slap on the kisser! :angry:

Perhaps you hadn't been on the 'Lunar Levitation course' which covers the art of showering without coming in to contact with the shower tray. I believe they are planning a 'Rain Repatriation course' to stop water ingressing in to the van when its raining. ;)

Hi Bob

We have a 2004 Auvergne as well and have just had the same problem repaired. The dealer was great and never even saw the van, just got the ok from bailey, ordered the parts and it was fitted last week. :D

Clearly the support under the drain hole was lacking. ....i think the floor hole was cut too large and therefore it was easy to see why it has cracked.

They have now moded the floor to provide the support needed. I must say they made a supper job and all credit to Mendip caravans.

If you get a negative from the dealer/bailey then let me know and i can give you my details as a case example.

My van was purchased in march 2004 so is 19 months old.

Otherwise it's a great van and this has been the only problem to date. ...long may it continue.

all the best :D

maxii

:) As ever the good people of Caravan talk have come up with the goods.

Thank you all for your answers. I just hope Bailey can be as helpful with this one.

I will keep you posted as to what happens. .

Thank you all very very much. ...

Bob :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Greetings All,

I was wondering if there was any news on the repairs you needed??

Guess what, on our 2005 Auvergne delivered in May the same thing has happened!! and it looks like a full strip out to replace.

So just about to put it in for repairs with 10 other common items.

Regards.

Dave

The van is to go in for service and replacement (under warranty) of the shower tray next month.

Maxiboy can you let me know the details on the Mod that was carried out to your van. .I dont think my dealer is doing anything apart from replacing the tray. I wonderded if the same thing could happen again if no Mod was done to strengthen the floor???

Once everyhing is done I will let you know what sort of job was done. .At least its going to be carried out under warranty and i dont have to pay!!!!!

Bob

It appears to me that you need to learn the art of levitation and hovver about 6 inches above the plug area in order that you do not put weight in the shower area after all they were never designed for people to stand in them and actually use them - that would just be tooooo much to ask for.

The separate shower in the Provence has given me any problems - in fact you can fit two people in that shower!!

Emma

Hi Peartreehill Bob

Hey goods news on the tray.

When they did mine they glued a new wooden insert to go around the pipe going through the floor so the plug hole had more support underneath the tray. Bailey drilled it too large so when you stood on the plug hole it had no support and therefore cracked. We have since put a old table mat over the plug hole and underneath the green bit of carpet just to be on the safe side.

Never use the shower so no great shakes.

Check when finished they have sealed it well all around, actually mine was done better than the bailey boys did it originally.

Hey Bob. ...shame you can only fit 1 in our shower . ....unlike Emma's !!!!!!!!! ;)

Maxiboy

Now i know why the wife and I are trying to loose the pounds!!!! :D

The only two who fit in our bathroom is my twin 5 year olds. ...

Hopefully in a few months of super slimming that may change (better make sure a good job is done with the shower tray in that case) :rolleyes:

Thanks again for all your help and i will keep you posted on how the repairs go. .

Bob

Bob

Think it would be easier to buy a new van like Emma's rather than join weight watchers for several months !!!!!

Hey i wonder what the record is how many can have a shower in a caravan. ....anyone know ???? <_< :huh: :unsure:B)

maxiboy

Standing room only we could fit 5.

Showering 2

Don't ask how I know.

Well - if you insist.

When we were out on a family trip looking at caravan's we stepped into the Provence and I said - blimey you could swing a cat in that shower. Hubby stepped in with me to see and said - Mmmm this is a good size I wonder how many people you could fit in. ..... Say no more - the rest of the family go in too - sardines!

Emma ;)

• 1 month later...

Just got our van back today and the showed tray job looks fine. All work carried out under warranty.

(Thank you Dorvic caravans & Bailey)

The service cost me £159 inc Vat. This did not include a water filter. But did include a new 12s plug as I managed to let it trail along the road on my way to the dealers.

By the way the slimming isnt going so well so its a good job we have some support under the new shower tray (Ha Ha) :lol:

Regards Bob :rolleyes::lol:

Hey Bob

Good to hear your shower tray is fixed, presume you carry around a spare axle stand for supporting it when you have a shower !!!!!! :P:P:P . .........just in case of course. .......!!!

Mine seems fine now, 1 axle stand when the wife is in it and 2 for when i'm in it !!!!!!! :o:o

Mine in for a rip off service in a couple of weeks, need to keep the warranty going. ...you never know what will be next.

All the best

Maxii