Installing A Bbq Point

Just thinking of adding a few additional things to the van over the winter period.

Can I install an external BBQ point myself, of does the installation need to be checked by a Corgi registered person?

Also, if I install an external TV point (saves putting the satellite and TV cable through the window in the winter) will this affect the warranty on the van? Not that is really matters as I only had a years warranty which will expire in November. The prices I have been quoted seem to me to be a bit high £50 plus parts, for what I feel is just drilling a couple of holes and feeding the cable trough.

Regards

Trevor

PS anyone using a Gaslow automatic changeover, what are your views?

Hi Trevor

I think that installing a tv point wil invalidate your warranty unless you can route the cable through an existing hole in the floor.

I installed an external coax socket for my arial and found the job to be really easy - thats saying something since i am c!*p at DIY. I was able to hide the cable between the outer and inner wall of the wardrobe and wire it into another coax socket which now sits at the tv station. I now have three sockets one for the omnidriectional, one for the directional and one acts as an extension to have second tv point in the van. I did dril through the floor and have had no problems.

Regards

Lee

I put my aerial through the bulk head into the front locker, my aerial pole is under the front leg of the caravan :)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

HI TRICKY

How much were you quoted for the bbq point as i too would like one fitted to our van.

cheers dazkim

Hi,

According to Corgi you can install anexternal bbq point yourself providing it is for your own caravan.

New laws do not cover private touring caravans.

I have spoken to 2 different Bailey dealers, both told me the same thing.

If I install the TV point or BBQ point myself, then any warranty will be invalid. If installed by an Approved Bailey Service Centre then they will not invalidate the warranty.

I have asked if a mobile service mechanic carried out the task and got the same reply, only approved service centres will not invalidate the warranty.

I was tempted to phone Bailey direct, but as I only have 1 months warranty left, don't see the point.

The prices quoted £50 for TV point and £75 for gas point.

Regards

Trevor

Following a chat to the person who is going to service the van in November I have decided to do the following.

Install the TV point myself, just a case of drilling 2 x 8mm holes and 3 x 2. 5mm holes and running the cables through.

The gas point will be installed when it is serviced. I could install it myself, but the service engineer recommends that copper pipe is used on the connections.

Regards

Trevor