Rip, Dear Friend

dean36014

This week, a loyal friend of mine, whom I have known for over 17 years, passed away suddenly.

We have worked together over the years on many projects, at various different places in the country. At times he was a constant companion, who helped me through some difficult times in my life. I first met him in 1988, and he was one of those type of guys you struck an instant friendship with. When my daughter was born 9 years ago, he was a constant friend for me, and helped me convert the spare bedroom into a nursery. He spent 2 days of his time, and never rested to the job was done, and demanded no payment for his labour.

Tragically, I was with him the day when his life was abruptly ended. He had been helping me fit some fridge vents to the side of my van, when suddenly I turned around and found him collapsed on the floor. I've told him in the past, that smoking was bad for his health, but did he listen. I thing the excessive weight he's carried since I've known him was also a large factor in his death. A post-mortem revealed massive internal bleeding, and damage to his heart and main arteries. I suppose all the years of abuse to his body had taken their toll.

He was buried today, and his service was a blessing of his life and all his achievements over the years. He actually burial was a quite affair with a just a couple of us to help put him in the ground, and I felt alot better for helping to fill the grave in. As he had no family, I've made a promise to visit his grave regularly and keep it nice and tidy.

Anyway, enough of this solemness. Out of every darkness, there is a joy to be discovered. Endless hours of excitement to be had. Places to explore and bargains to be found. For every death, there is a new birth in the world.

So, can anyone recommend a new drill?

Very good at least you were there at the end and he had a good life it is when they are removed without permission is the pain as hubbys total tool kit that had taken 25yrs to collect was removed one night and 3yrs on we are still finding things that are missing but try screwfix direct I found them very good and quick at delivering

lizz

Very good at least you were there at the end and he had a good life it is when they are removed without permission is the pain as hubbys total tool kit that had taken 25yrs to collect was removed one night and 3yrs on we are still finding things that are missing but try screwfix direct I found them very good and quick at delivering

lizz

40204[/snapback]

I don't think that Dean was referring to that kind of drill !! or perhaps I'm mistaken and got the wrong end of the stick. In a sad situation everybody is always in everbodies thoughts, time helps to ease the pain but never removes it.

Archived