High Jinks On The Roof

John Lee

Did I pick up somewhere on this forum that part of this seasons advertising by Bailey featured a person/persons standing on the roof <_< of a Series 5 model to demonstrate the strength of the roof structure?

They do say because of their construction method it is possible to walk on the roof, and I'm sure I have read this in one of the magazines in relation to an article about the mthods of building new baileys.

I still used step ladders when I washed the roof earlier today though.

Well I'm glad it wasn't a Louisiana :) - now don't spoil my day! :unsure:

So what have they made the roof structure of if it can take that kind of weight?

JL

Did I pick up somewhere on this forum that part of this seasons advertising by Bailey featured a person/persons standing on the roof <_<  of a Series 5 model to demonstrate the strength of the roof structure?

40174[/snapback]

This is correct, apparently they had 10 of there staff jumping about on the roof. In my case I wish they had used 9 and saved one to screw the inside of the b***** thing together properly :lol:

Guest Hobbybod
This is correct, apparently they had 10 of there staff jumping about on the roof. In my case I wish they had used 9 and saved one to screw the inside of the b***** thing together properly  :lol:

40269[/snapback]

:lol: Nice one CPD!

AFAIR of the photos I saw in some mag. , you couldn't actually see the feet of the guys on the roof. I suspect they were standing on boards, as otherwise there could well have been indentations in the roof outer skin, from where their feet were.

I usually use a 'crawler board', when on the roof of my Hobby, to prevent this happening; less likely with BIG feet and light weight!

If you are impressed by such adverts, then there is a Hobby dealer in Holland, who has a CAR parked on the roof of a Hobby to demonstrate its strength etc. !!!

:lol: Nice one CPD!

AFAIR of the photos I saw in some mag. , you couldn't actually see the feet of the guys on the roof. I suspect they were standing on boards, as otherwise there could well have been indentations in the roof outer skin, from where their feet were.

I usually use a 'crawler board', when on the roof of my Hobby, to prevent this happening;  less likely with BIG feet and light weight!

If you are impressed by such adverts, then there is a Hobby dealer in Holland, who has a CAR parked on the roof of a Hobby to demonstrate its strength etc. !!!

40295[/snapback]

i thought he showed it

to show people what a rubbish driver germans make when it comes to hitching up to van

some say that they put towel's on sunlounger's to save them

do you think the put car on roof to save van