12 Volt Car Kettle

jontto

Can anyone advise me where to buy a 12v kettle from. It could be extremely useful on motorway service areas where gas ignition is not allowed.

we had one years ago - prepare for a very long wait - they are very slow to boil even a single cup!

think we got it from a motor accessories shop. they are ok if you plug it into the car for half an hour before you stop . and are happy to drive with hot water sloshing around. .

you could buy an inverter and use a low wattage model - this may ruin your battery though !

I'd pay the 2 pounds per cup in the services.

Ian

we had one years ago - prepare for a very long wait - they are very slow to boil even a single cup!

think we got it from a motor accessories shop. they are ok if you plug it into the car for half an hour before you stop . and are happy to drive with hot water sloshing around. .

you could buy an inverter and use a low wattage model - this may ruin your battery though !

I'd pay the 2 pounds per cup in the services.

Ian

40099[/snapback]

But there is nothing like home brew is there Ian. Thanks for your help.

John

But there is nothing like home brew is there Ian.   Thanks for your help.

John

40101[/snapback]

We always fill up a flask with hot water for the drive down to Dover for fresh cups of tea.

Mike

Hi There

THe 12 volt do take long to heat up. However Lidl were doing a 12 volt vacuum flask - you could put the water in at the start of the journey and then it would be nicely heated by time you stop for a brew. Just a thought of an alternative.

Can anyone advise me where to buy a 12v kettle from.   It could be extremely useful on motorway service areas where gas ignition is not allowed.

40097[/snapback]

Just as a matter of interest - where do we find out if 'gas ignition' is not allowed - we regularly stop in 'lay by' areas of service stations and have never seen a sign forbidding the use of gas - I am fully aware of regulations in the refuelling areas. :)

Just as a matter of interest - where do we find out if 'gas ignition' is not allowed - we regularly stop in 'lay by' areas of service stations and have never seen a sign forbidding the use of gas - I am fully aware of regulations in the refuelling areas. :)

40115[/snapback]

Ted

Thanks for your interest, but I presumed that at all Motorway Service Areas (total area) we were forbidden from using gas ignition.

John