Which Would You Recommend

wheely good

yo wassup homies

i want to get a new downhill bike what should i get.

im thinking either a santa cruz v10 with fox 40s, or 888s or a bmw racelink with the same forks. i should i maybe go for the fq and spec it for short course dh/ fr with 66s.

opinions please people

also if i do get the brooklyn does anyone know how easy the eccentric bb is to maintain and clean.

wot gearing ? sram x. o or normal shift xtrs. or are the saint specific shifters avaliable yet.

what about brakes, considering avid juicy 7s or hope 6 pot?

then i will put it in my caravan.

yo wassup homies

im thinking either a santa cruz v10 with fox 40s, or 888s or a bmw racelink with the same forks. i should i maybe go for the fq and spec it for short course dh/ fr with 66s.

opinions please people

also if i do get the brooklyn does anyone know how easy the eccentric bb is to maintain and clean.

wot gearing ? sram x. o or normal shift xtrs. or are the saint specific shifters avaliable yet.

40016[/snapback]

Hi,

Don't know what all this means in English but it sounds expensive, whats your budget for this bike and what are you going to be doing with it.

Well Wheely good, I have no idea if you are trying to wind us up, or if you are serious!

I think I'll see if this subject turns into a discussion or not before it gets moderated!

Martin W (Wonky)

Discovery D3 HSE + Coachman VIP 575/4 2016

www.pennplanning.co.uk

I would go for the Cruz. For a DH bike the price is right. It doesn't jump as well as others, but it does everything else as though it was made specifically for it, whether its braking over bumps into a corner, accelerating out of a corner or off the start line. It peddles rocky, rough stuff while remaining active. There is no excessive rebound problems with coming off larger drops. It feels well balanced in the air and has a low centre of gravity. You shouldn’t have any problems with linkage getting loose or noisy. I like the floating brake option. Set-up: Dorado, WTB Power V, Sun-Ringle Flats. 2. 5/2. 4 Maxis Minions F/R, floating disk, factory build kit.

Flash gears are OK for going to the shops but when you are out in the boonies KISS: you want to get home.

Now as far as putting it in your van goes, just make sure you wash the tyres! B)

I think 90% of us will be showing our ages right now. Is it that yoh dude stuff. I did understand gears and some of the other stuff but don't profess to understand the downhill offroad bikers speak.

The amazing moosehead must go up in everyones estimation for his reply. Still don't understand that much either.

Bob

What I want to know is, can you mount panniers on the back and a wicker basket on the front?

What was wrong with the 3 speed, or EVEN 4 speed, Sturmey Archers? These days there are so many gears that you spend all the time changing them insted of enjoying the hard work!

Roger

he could always get one of theses

w_pizza.jpg

then he can call the people at the tv show pimp up my ride

im sure the homies on there will help him out

40051[/snapback]

Does it still have handlebars, a saddle that cuts you in two and two wheels of the same diameter, one in front of the other?

Steve

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"

yo wassup homies

opinions please people

40016[/snapback]

Go for the cruz every time !!!

See it here

Archived