Best Motor Mover?

Stephen Tomkison

Hi again folks,

Decided on getting a Motor Mover for the Amara. I guess there seems to be 3 main contenders, Truma, PowrTouch and Reich. The dealer that we had the van from offered us the Reich for £900 (They advertise it for £1045) after some haggling. They said that the Reich has a smooth start where the others can be a jerky start, is this right? Which seems to be the best out of the 3 or are they pretty much the same?

Thanks In advance

If anyone can suggest somewhere cheaper for supply and fit in Scotland then please do say!

Steve and Jo

Powrtouch is definately a smooth start - I regularly inch the van to the towball on the car and position it perfectly. I know there is one which is not 'soft start' and I saw it in action, very jerky and impossible to position the van accurately, if the Reich is 'soft start' then it must have been a Truma but I stand to be corrected.

Excellent guarantee on the Powrtouch and I would choose them again if I had to.

Well recommended.

I,ll agree with all that I had a carver on the van that I have just change and had a powertouch fitted to the new one What a difference go for the powertouch

All the Best Derek

Powrtouch gets my vote!!!!!!!!

get that ssssalesman to put it in writing, and powrtouch will at least match it :D

(and fit it in almost any area :) )

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Don't know what its like to operate but other replies in this thread do.

What I can say though is that I am very impressed with the service so far (see the thread below on the Powrtouch mover).

Also agree with what Paul B says they will match the quote you have received.

Cheers

Richard

Hi,

I had to add my twopenneth, we ummed and arred for months about getting a mover, we got the Powrtouch Heavy duty model with a power bar. I can park the van anywhere and can get it within an inch, seriously, within an inch of a wall, fence or whatever you want to park it against. It has a smooth start, goes up onto levelling chocks with no problem at all. I'm paying for over 6 months, interest free. It arrived when Theresa said it would, the fitter came when he said he would and it does exactly what the advert said it would. It is the best accessory we have boght for the van bar none.

navigator

We also have the Powrtouch heavy duty model, fitted to our 1700 kg van. It's brilliant and we can position the van inch perfect on pitches abroad that previously we could not have gained access to. We used it recently in France to get the van up a very steep incline on to a hillside pitch with a lovely view. It drew a large crowd of onlookers who thought it impossible. The van sailed up with the mover and drew a round of applause. Worth every penny.

If you go ahead, they will price match and make sure they throw in the bar so you can engage both rollers from one side.

Powertouch too! 1700KG van.

I had mine upgraded by PT from a heavy duty single to a twin mover.

Powertouch stay with you the customer and you don't need a new mover when you change although the bits that arrived from PT indicate they had given me a new one.

DONT be fooled by lesser products (service is PT greatest strength) ;););)

Why is it that the cost of Movers (Twin Axle in this example) differ so much from one manufacturer to another?

From say circa £1200 at the lower end upto £1800 at the top for the Reich.

Just how much difference is German engineering worth?

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back Bessacarr 845

Why is it that the cost of Movers (Twin Axle in this example) differ so much from one manufacturer to another?

From say circa £1200 at the lower end upto £1800 at the top for the Reich.

Just how much difference is German engineering worth?

40088[/snapback]

Can't be worth that much or Reich would give a full 5 year guarantee as Powrtouch do.

navigator

From what I gather the Reich operates on all 4 wheels at the same time - 4 motors, does the Powrtouch work on the same principle?

So, thanks all for your advice so far.

I have had a quote from Therasa at Powrwheel for their model 3 (as van is too much weight for the model 1), fitted and with the power bar free.

Now, I dont want to say the price that she quoted, but what do other forum members think would be reasonabel price to pay for this?

Thanks, Steve

if the Reich is 'soft start' then it must have been a Truma but I stand to be corrected.

39982[/snapback]

standby to be corrected! ;)

We have Reich fitted and definately "soft start". Have to say it is the best bit of kit we've bought. Just felt I had to post this to redress the balance a bit.

Paul

dont need to be corrected, it was the Reich which I thought was 'soft start' :)

dont need to be corrected, it was the Reich which I thought was 'soft start'  :)

40671[/snapback]

One day I'll learn to read proper like.

Sorry about that - though it does indeed confirm by a process of elimination that the Truma does not have the soft start.

Cheers

Paul

Managed to see a Reich 4 Wheel Drive Mover demo'd the other day and had a go myself.

As agreed, most definately 'soft start' incredibly smooth and accurate.

Seems that on full rotation, you have to take the van a few degrees past the angle you want to finish at as the sideways loading on the tyres spring it back a bit when you stop.

Added one to my order.

Griff.

So, thanks all for your advice so far.

I have had a quote from Therasa at Powrwheel for their model 3 (as van is too much weight for the model 1), fitted and with the power bar free.

Now, I dont want to say the price that she quoted, but what do other forum members think would be reasonabel price to pay for this?

Thanks, Steve

40604[/snapback]

Stephen,

£1040, that's what we paid and if they've quoted you less then good for you. The Powrtoiuch does everything that all of the others have quoted so far, softstart included. They are as good as their word, I've yet to test their after sales cos I haven't needed it but I'm confident that they will put their money where their mouth is.

navigator

Be aware though do you know how much these things add weight to your van. :o  :o

40996[/snapback]

Looks like 62kgs in the case of the Reich 4WD version. :(

Griff.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered my Powertouch mover,Racheal said it will be delivered next week,and the fitter will ring a day or two before to arrange fitting, this is Hubby's christmas present from me, can't wait to see his face. :D

Shiba. :rolleyes:

Just ordered my Powertouch mover,Racheal said it will be delivered next week,and the fitter will ring a day or two before to arrange fitting, this is Hubby's christmas present from me, can't wait to see his face. :D

41725[/snapback]

You wont be dissapointed. Some would say not the best time of year to buy if you dont use your van 12 months of the year (we dont) but it seems the prices are lower just now.

Not yet used it out on site and not sure if I will other than final manouvering as Im getting quite good at reversing onto the pitch now but its brilliant for getting the van in and out of an awkward driveway.

Steve

That's the why we have decieded to have one fitted, we have a long drive and we have to pull the van to end,as the Frontera only just fits through the gate,hubby hurt his back and shoulder a few years ago, so these are now a weakness, anything to make life easier,and our hobby less of a struggle. :D

Hi

We have taken our Reich off this year . We just didnt realise how exposed it was fitted to our Lunar Lexon. It was fitted in front of the axle and was very low, seemed to hit every stone and obstruction causing one insurance claim. , we have since looked at other movers and have seen none as low as the Reich, as a mover it was fine though . Check out your local dealer there are bound to be movers fitted to their secondhand stock, expensive mistake if you get it wrong as we did. Hope this helps, good luck.

Derek

Hi, we have ordered the Powertouch, but will check how low it is when they fit it, I have not heard of anyone mentioning this about a powertouch so hope it will be ok. thanks for the warning.

Shiba.

Hi again folks,

Decided on getting a Motor Mover for the Amara. I guess there seems to be 3 main contenders, Truma, PowrTouch and Reich. The dealer that we had the van from offered us the Reich for £900 (They advertise it for £1045) after some haggling. They said that the Reich has a smooth start where the others can be a jerky start, is this right? Which seems to be the best out of the 3 or are they pretty much the same?

Thanks In advance

If anyone can suggest somewhere cheaper for supply and fit in Scotland then please do say!

Steve and Jo

39974[/snapback]

i have a reich fitted this is the second van i have had it fitted on and after 2 1/2 years i stripped a roller with a stone jammed in it but reich sent me a new one no charge

now thats what i call good service