Bretagne Electrics And Lack Off

Daveg

Hi

Can anyone tell me where they put the kettle in this van.

Only place i can see is behind the tap, and this means running cable over the end of unit /next to seating area. therefore !could poss be pulled over

Why are the sockets in stupid places ? one side of sink unit and another on the floor near front

Yet where the side dinette is there is none, or to the rear of caravan

If you needed an extension into awning it is going to be a long lead ! :(

Hi

Only place i can see is behind the tap, and this means running cable over the end of unit /next to seating area. therefore !could poss be pulled over

Why are the sockets in stupid places ? one side of sink unit and another on the floor near front

Yet where the side dinette is  there is none, or to the rear of caravan

If you needed an extension into awning it is going to be a long lead ! :(

39898[/snapback]

Hi

see this link referance re sockets http://www. caravantalk. org. uk/forums/index. ..?showtopic=5050

Dave

Hi we have a Bretagne and I've never thought about using an electric kettle! I always use the gas. But I guess it is a good point. Certainly having a socket near the side dinette would be a good idea.

Jog

Hi

Only place i can see is behind the tap. ..

39898[/snapback]

I and sevral others have E mailed Baily over these sockets under health & safety allgot the same reply the design team have been informed suggest that you also E mail Baily about this

All the Best Derek

I and sevral others have E mailed Baily over these sockets under health & safety allgot the same reply the design team have been informed suggest that you also E mail Baily about this

39916[/snapback]

When we were looking at caravans earlier in the year we noticed this on this model - I know Bailey are well thought of but this is really poor design - perhaps I should email them as well as it contributed to them losing a sale.

The sterling we got has an electric hot plate (and 3 gas rings) so we actually use this to boil the kettle and didn't buy an electic kettle in the end. It also has a well place electric sockets on the kitchen worktop, front table and side dinette.

Funnily enough most reviews we read suggest the electric plate is a waste of time and they would be better off fitting 4 gas rings - the electric ring is the most useful thing on the van to us! Everyones different I guess.

Ian

I agree! My Pageant Imperial also lacks any electric point suitable for a kettle. Once we're on site we prefer to use electric rather than gas. When I first got the van, I made up an extension cable long enough to reach from the sink socket to the cooker top, but we soon got tired of having the cable trailing behind the taps. I decided to fit a permanent socket close to the cooker.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

That's interesting because the Provence has a socket well placed in the kitchen for a kettle and I never use it cos I use a nice whistling kettle on the gas!

Emma

Guest mr_sheens

just goes to prove- you cant please all of the people all of the time.

what someone wants, someone else doesnt. life is just a compromise!