Vendee Waste Pipe.

BigKen

Away for the weekend and when washing up I noticed a little water under the fridge door. Mopped it up and more appeared! Seems the waste pipe has come away from the sink plug hole. Water every where under the fridge, oven, cupboards!

Does anyone know if this can be reconnected without taking the fridge out? I had a look at doing it through the fridge vents from the outside but these appear to be fixed from the inside!

The caravan is only four months old so will need to be taken back to the dealer if this is the case.

The waste pipe exits the caravan under to oven and it may have been movement of pots and pans in this spot that moved the pipe.

The fridge vents can be removed from the outside of the 'van. There are two sliders (one on each side) which hold the vents to the van. Having said that, the vents are also sealed with mastic.

Let us know if you succeed in replacing your drain pipe via these vents.

This is a Pageant problem!! Same happened with us and at least three others we know of!

We have the Champagne and had it fixed by removing the hob and sealing the connection back on. We were away at the time and had to pay someone to fix it then claimed it back from the dealer as it was warrenty work.

Thanks for the info Lawtons.

I think I'll take it to the dealer and get him to fix it. Taking the fridge out or hob off will probably invalidate the warrenty, and if the fridge vent covers ar masticed on, too messy!

I've also now got a faulty door lock! Is this another Pageant thing!

Big Ken

Do you mean the stable door. If so, it only needs a little WD40 or 3in1 oil, which should free it.

If it's difficult to open, run your finger over the plastic catch, and you will see a bit of ecess plastic. A sharp stanley knife, takes a slither off a ta time and worked for me.

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my waste pipe!

Dropped off the van at the dealer this morning and after a look he said:

'the waste system is in two parts. A rigid pipe from the waste outlet down behind the fridge, then flex. pipe out under the oven. The rigid pipe is about 1" to 2" too short. The flex could stretch and fit again but it would probably come off again in time! '

He will fit a longer rigid pipe to make sure this does not happen again.

I would have thought these parts would come as a kit to be fitted, or does Bailey cut pipe individually for each van and if the worker cuts a bit short he fits it anyway to save time?

Makes you think!

Bought a new vendee in May 05, first weekend out the waste pipe came loose spilling waste water all over the floor.

Luckily close to the dealer who visited us, had to remove cooker and cut some ties to allow more movement in the pipe, admitted this was a common fault!!

When van due for a full service I will insist a full check is completed for any damage caused by the leak - I have emailed Bailey's, lets hope they take note and adjust for later versions - Apart from this problem - Great Van.

Update on my waste pipe!

Dropped off the van at the dealer this morning and after a look he said:

'the waste system is in two parts. A rigid pipe from the waste outlet down behind the fridge, then flex. pipe out under the oven. The rigid pipe is about 1" to 2" too short. The flex could stretch and fit again but it would probably come off again in time! '

He will fit a longer rigid pipe to make sure this does not happen again.

I would have thought these parts would come as a kit to be fitted, or does Bailey cut pipe individually for each van and if the worker cuts a bit short he fits it anyway to save time?

Makes you think!

41029[/snapback]

WE to have just bought a Bailey Vendee, 2nd time out and water came from under the fridge,, Waste flexi pipe had come away from the rigid pipe. .

The good people from Barons caravans came out to site to fix the problem. ..

We also had a problem with the surge protector on the water heater under the bed. .

• 10 months later...

Bought a new vendee in May 05, first weekend out the waste pipe came loose spilling waste water all over the floor.

Luckily close to the dealer who visited us, had to remove cooker and cut some ties to allow more movement in the pipe, admitted this was a common fault!!

When van due for a full service I will insist a full check is completed for any damage caused by the leak - I have emailed Bailey's, lets hope they take note and adjust for later versions - Apart from this problem - Great Van.

Hi, rugbywear etc.

While we were away at Garleston site waste water was leaking from beneath cooker and when I opened grill door I could see from looking down the side that the flexi corrugated tube had come away from the ridgid tube

so taking out 4 screws on the front of the cooker and pulled out cooker enough to snip away 1 pipe bkt which gave enough slack to re connect tubeing and used pipe solvent to prevent fittings coming adrift again. Job done and it took about 20 mins mainly because I remembered reading your post awhile ago.

rustygates.

Hi

We had this problem recently with the Provence. We took it back to the dealer. To fix it they undone some screws and broke the seal around the sink and lifted it out. They said you don't need to take everything out i. e. fridge, cooker etc to get to the hose. Ours was a hose that had been cut too short and so they replaced it under the warranty.

Also a couple of other niggling points that we had done under the warranty - 1 door seal around the door was address at 1st year service but still kept coming off so this time they have glued it in place. It hasn't moved since. Secondly the plastic fastener that hold the magnets in place in the wardrobe and the partition door had been over tightened and causing the plastic to split and the magnets to break off. These were replaced with no quibble.

Emma

It is often possible to access the sink drain pipes by removing the top refridgerator vent and working from outside the van.

Frank

Hi frank. I did that first as was suggested but you only expose the ridgid part of the waste pipe not the connection from ridgid to flexi where the problem occurs.

rustygates.

• 5 years later...

My new Bailey Olympus 534 at the weekend discharged all the water from the sink. No way of an easy fix as the pipe is at the back of the fridge. Back to dealer to fix. Any more out there?

Can you get to it from the outside? The fridge vents come off easily

On our Bailey it was simple to unscrew the 4 screws holding the sink down and lift it off after taking out the screw in the centre of the plug hole

You could then assemble the pipework and position the bottom half of the plug hole under the hole in the sink before replacing