2006 Dart 510/5l.

cambot

Hi,

Just one problem I'm aware of. The alluminium track supporting the rear sliding door(s) can pull out of the ceiling fixings with time. A simple "cure" is to add a third roller to the top of each door before this happens. This prevents the problem by not allowing the door to rock back and forth, thus minimising the force on the ends of the runners. Extra door rollers are available through your Avondale dealer, and are not expensive.

The doors need to be removed to fit the rollers. To do this, remove the plastic door guide from the floor. Slide the door into the walkway, then gently swing it towards the front of the caravan and the nylon rollers will pop out of the rail. Repeat for the second door. Screw the extra roller to the centre of the door's top edge. To refit, hold the door adjacent to the ceiling runner and give a sharp push sideways to pop the nylon wheel in place. Again repeat for the second door. Refit the plastic floor guide and Bob's yer uncle!

Apart from this one minor niggle, you have a sound caravan that should give long service.

Best regards,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

We have a 2005 Dart 510/5L and so far the only minor niggle we had was that the cooker wasn't screwed in firmly enough and the screws came out at the front: not all at once but over the course of towing 2000 miles. If you open the oven door and the grill door you will find screws down the left and right hand sides fixing the cooker to the wooden supports either side. ... or in our case not fixing the cooker front to the wooden supports!

Other than that no problems, it has been great.

Hope you enjoy yours.

Neil

:)