Electrical Extension Sockets

tupper

Do you mean the double extension socket that allows two 13 amp plug tops to used? Whilst these are not unsafe any type of socket like this can get hot if it becomes loose. I would have thought it would be better to use a proper fused trailing socket.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

I use a plug board type extension - fused type - frequently in the caravan - for the TV, Sky box, computer and printer - with no problem.

Margaret

Margaret

I don't do technical !!!

Just me and my showdogs!!

We use a surge protected extension in the van for the TV, satellite box, DVD player, toaster, kettle and electric toothbrush. Never experienced a problem.

Yossa

Hi we use a extention cable to take a small blow heater into the awning sometimes and we haven't had a problem so far, but we always watch how many electrical items are plugged in at one time, e. g if we plug the microwave in we turn the electrical fan heaters off and so on and we (with luck) haven't ever tripped the circuit breakers yet but i suppose alot of people operate in this manner :)

Hi we use a extention cable to take a small blow heater into the awning sometimes and we haven't had a problem so far, but we always watch how many electrical items are plugged in at one time, e. g if we plug the microwave in we turn the electrical fan heaters off and so on and we (with luck) haven't ever tripped the circuit breakers yet but i suppose alot of people operate in this manner  :)

39792[/snapback]

We use a 4-way extension lead in the awning from the external socket to power the mains awning lamp, fly zapper and fridge (this is in France). We keep it off the ground by using hooks on rubber suckers on the side of the 'van. (20 in a pack from Poundland).

Mike

Use a 4 way extension lead without any problems, but like everybody else I don't run the hairdryer, microwave, kettle and heater at the same time!!!

Nissan X-trail 2. 2 DCi - 2005 Adria Altea 502 DK,2 well-behaved boys who I am immensely proud of!!

(Also a 1990 VW Golf Convertible, which definately does not tow anything!!!)

This post is not meant to intentionally offend anybody

Archived