Caravan Club Insurance

TD4 Sport

Hello

Just bought a new van and cannot wait until Friday as we are off to Coniston for a few days, but I want to get it insured first,

I'm in the CC and gone on the web to get a quote, looks ok but my question is,

1) Does the insurance cover the van for damage ie, if someone went in the back of it or I reversed it into something??

I don't want either to happen but its not clear whats covered, looks more like just theft.

ooh and if it makes a difference I've been getting quotes for the super5C's

Thanks in advance

Scott

PS have to update my profile :)

Hi Scott

My understanding is that if something happens whilst hitched up to your car its your car insurance if your fault (for any third party damage caused by either the car or caravan) and the other persons car insurance if they run into you. If its your fault and damage to the van/car I believe its the caravan insurance for the van damage and your car insurance for any car damage.

When not hitched its the caravan insurance for any damage.

I'm not sure what would happen if your van, when not hitched to your car, caused third party damage. I guess either the caravan insurance or any other public liability insurance you may have.

No doubt someone will correct me.

Pete.

Hello

Just bought a new van and cannot wait until Friday as we are off to Coniston for a few days, but I want to get it insured first,

I'm in the CC and gone on the web to get a quote, looks ok but my question is,

1) Does the insurance cover the van for damage ie, if someone went in the back of it or I reversed it into something??

I don't want either to happen but its not clear whats covered, looks more like just theft.

ooh and if it makes a difference I've been getting quotes for the super5C's

Thanks in advance

Scott

PS have to update my profile :)

Best thing is to ask them and if possible in writing.   I insure through the CC because of all the good reports I have heard if claiming.

Is your new van the Avante?  We bought ours this year and love it.  

Just a final note when insuring the CC advised us not to take the Super C insuranse as our van was new and we would automatically get new for old cover using the standard insurance until the van is three years old, well worth knowing and how many companies would advise you to take a cheaper but more suitable policy??

39721[/snapback]

Hello,

Thanks I will ring them (you have to anyway) you can only get a quote off the net,

Yes our new van is an Avante, looking forward to using it on friday, loads of nice extras and the blown air heating should be ace :)  :)

Thanks

Scott

39762[/snapback]

Beware the approach roads to Coniston - a bit narrow at times.

To be honest, we didn't "take" to the Park Coppice site. It was a bit damp and, because of the tall trees, it took a while to dry out. On balance, we prefer the Troutbeck site.

Fabulous roads though, esp Wrynose/Hardknott passes!

Mlamont

Hello,Damp. ...and the Lakes. ... Surely thats one and the same?

I'm ready for the worst got my walking boots, and walking gear plus spares. To us thats part of it.

As for the road cheers, My wifes mum and dad are there now and said its quite tight :( I will just take it easy. .

Cheers Scott

Hello,Damp. ...and the Lakes. ... Surely thats one and the same?

I'm ready for the worst got my walking boots, and walking gear plus spares. To us thats part of it.

As for the road cheers, My wifes mum and dad are there now and said its quite tight :(  I will just take it easy. .

Cheers Scott

39863[/snapback]

Yes, you are right, the lakes had to come from somewhere! I, too, am well used to inclement weather - I need to be when I hillwalk all year round in Scotland! I spoke to the warden at Park Coppice and he advised that the southern approach was recommended as the narrow bits were quite short compared with the approach from Ambleside. This was our third trip to the Lakes this year - Feb and March were really very pleasant.

Have a good time.

Mlamont

Hello,

Had a brilliant time and cannot praise blow heating enough !!! eaten some lovely food in local pubs and drank so much tea!!!

Very relaxing and lovely place to unwind, roads are great solo :) although with the van yep they are quite narrow!!

Great few days though

Cheers

Scott