Waste Hog

Guest iank

We have had our waste hog for approximately 18 months. Can someone please recommend a cleaner that will remove the noxious smells emitting from my waste hog. I have tried Milton, but within one use the smell returns and it does not seem to remove the grunge from inside unless the solution was too weak. I used half a bottle.

When we empty the waste hog, we normally give it a good rinse but it seems a good rinse does not get rid of everything. I require a super duper cleaner that removes the grunge from inside and makes it smell like roses.

We have had our waste hog for approximately 18 months.   Can someone please recommend a cleaner that will remove the noxious smells emitting from my waste hog.   I have tried Milton, but within one use the smell returns and it does not seem to remove the grunge from inside unless the solution was too weak.   I used half a bottle.  

When we empty the waste hog, we normally give it a good rinse but it seems a good rinse does not get rid of everything.   I require a super duper cleaner that removes the grunge from inside and makes it smell like roses.

39643[/snapback]

I use some household bleach/water and give it a good rinse through after each use, you could try some soda crystals and really hot water which would cut through any grease that may have built up inside it first.

Olderbutnotwiser what do you recommend for cleanning the pipes in the caravan without damaging them? I was going to use Milton. Actually they don't seem to smell but the it is definitely the wastemaster. Got is at home at present fluding ti out with al sorts of stuff.

Olderbutnotwiser what do you recommend for cleanning the pipes in the caravan without damaging them?  I was going to use Milton.   Actually they don't seem to smell but the it is definitely the wastemaster.   Got is at home at present fluding ti out with al sorts of stuff.

39677[/snapback]

I dunno. ..I was hoping somebody might have some ideas. .? :)

I just wondered if the waste water was picking up something on its way to the waste container. ..

Mr Fenwick, he does a product called Fendox, cleans waste pipes and containers, shifts grease etc and it smells ok :)

also cleans work surfaces, fridges etc etc :o

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Iank, Eric has it right, rinse out when packing up and put a little blue stuff in IT REALLY WORKS you'll have no probs from the waste again. Oh by the way we can't get ours clean inside but it does'nt smell. Just had a thought I have'nt cleaned the toilet or the waste since we came back last weekend.

keith

A full bottle of pine disinfectant from Wilko's 45p. Then use a good bit every time he empty it and always leave some disinfectant in when it is stored away. I would use a hose or pressure wash to clean out the gunge first. Milton is for sterilising, not required unless you are planning on drinking from the waste hog. ( :o resisted the urge to add a comment about southern beer here) I was recommended Puriclean in an earlier thread, not got round to trying it yet may well try the Fenwicks, I am well impressed with caravan cleaner and Bobby Dazzler.

Wildkat

A full bottle of pine disinfectant from Wilko's 45p. Then use a good bit every time he empty it and always leave some disinfectant in when it is stored away.   I would use a hose or pressure wash to clean out the gunge first.   Milton is for sterilising, not required unless you are planning on drinking from the waste hog.   ( :o resisted the urge to add a comment about southern beer here)  I was recommended Puriclean in an earlier thread, not got round to trying it yet may well try the Fenwicks, I am well impressed with caravan cleaner and Bobby Dazzler.

Wildkat

40446[/snapback]

Might be worth trying Thetford Tank cleaner, used for cleaning the toilet flush tank, gets all the black gunge out that can accumulate over the season.

navigator

We hit it with some pink stuff and then a heavy dose of bleach. Seems sorted now but will bear in mind about putting blue toilet fluid into the wastermaster.