Gas Regulator

colger23

Are there any known problems with new gas regulators. Mine is fixed to the bulkhead as is the case with new 'vans.

Whilst in France a few weeks ago, I 'ran out' of gas so changed over to a cylinder which had only been used one night a long time ago. Still no gas and although curious I do remember picking up a new cylinder a while ago and having to return it the following day as it was empty!!!!!!!!! I suspect that sometimes the full and empty cylinders get mixed up especially at garages etc.

Anyway, have now bought new cylinders and still no gas so I can only assume it is the regulator. The van is going in for its annual service in a few weeks but in the meantime I am interested in any other experiences.

If your on the blue 7 KG bottles of Calor Gas YES :angry:

I always had a smell of gas and bottles run out fast (dont like the bottle clip) :angry:

I know have the orange 6 KG Bottles with the male/female fixing and alls fine. ;)

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I use Orange/Red cylinders of Propane as I use the van year round.

Are there any known problems with new gas regulators.   Mine is fixed to the bulkhead as is the case with new 'vans.

Whilst in France a few weeks ago, I 'ran out' of gas so changed over to a cylinder which had only been used one night a long time ago.   Still no gas and although curious I do remember picking up a new cylinder a while ago and having to return it the following day as it was empty!!!!!!!!!  I suspect that sometimes the full and empty cylinders get mixed up especially at garages etc.

Anyway, have now bought new cylinders and still no gas so I can only assume it is the regulator.   The van is going in for its annual service in a few weeks but in the meantime I am interested in any other experiences.

39588[/snapback]

Hi Colger23

The Gas regulator falied on my Pag5 Champers some weeks back there is a known fault My friendly dealer aka Mr Sheen @ Reeds caravans Blackburn sorted me out.

There are some other postings on this forum regarding failer of regulators

Dave

Are there any known problems with new gas regulators.   Mine is fixed to the bulkhead as is the case with new 'vans.

Whilst in France a few weeks ago, I 'ran out' of gas so changed over to a cylinder which had only been used one night a long time ago.   Still no gas and although curious I do remember picking up a new cylinder a while ago and having to return it the following day as it was empty!!!!!!!!!  I suspect that sometimes the full and empty cylinders get mixed up especially at garages etc.

Anyway, have now bought new cylinders and still no gas so I can only assume it is the regulator.   The van is going in for its annual service in a few weeks but in the meantime I am interested in any other experiences.

39588[/snapback]

I have new Pageant Vendee, and like you, seem to get through loads of Calor Butane. I am convinced it is due to the rubbishy regulaters. Mind you, the sheer complexity of the 'new' caravan gas system is mind boggling, from being safe. simple and easy to use for many, many years has now become an artform!

I am also swapping to propane supply, as the fittings seem a lot more robust. Regards, Colin.

Colin, Im not so sure that I am using that much gas actually. If it is the regulator which has failed then it would appear that I might have exchanged two cylinders which still had gas in them !!!!!!!!! which is annoying!!!!!!

Hope you havent got a leak somewhere if your gas consumption is high !!

Incidentally, I have purchased a twin hotplate to keep for emergencies so will only carry one gas cylinder in the future when away weekends (2 nights). Will carry spare cylinder only when going away for longer periods. That'll help the noseweight.

Gerry

Archived