Rover 75 Tourer

hairdresser

We have a Land Rover Discovery we have had 2 over the last 6 year's,we went out to day and saw a lovely Rover 75 Tourer automatic, can anyone tell me if they have towed with one or know any one who has. We are not worried about the demise of Rover as we know there will be spares around still.

Carol.

We have a Land Rover Discovery we have had 2 over the last 6 year's,we went out to day and saw a lovely Rover 75 Tourer automatic, can anyone tell me if they have towed with one or know any one who has. We are not worried about the demise of Rover as we know there will be spares around still.

Carol.

39468[/snapback]

A friend of mine has spent the last 4 weeks with his 75 off the road waiting for parts :o they are due in at the dealers 2nd week in October. He tried all over the internet to get parts quicker but know luck. sorry if thats not what you wanted to hear.

Carol.

39468[/snapback]

I have a 75 manual diesel saloon pulling a heavy van, it is superb for towing, very stable and returns 35 to 40 to the gallon depending on the road conditions. I recently spent 2 weeks towing in Germany and 70mph plus is a doddle on the autobahns. I hav ehad no spares problems so far.

Pete.

Ive got one and very pleased with it its a Rover 75 2. 0CDTi Connoisseur SE and it will take up to 100kgs on the tow ball also the same on the roof there should be no problems with parts and will tow up to 1600kgs with a good MPG

All the Best Derek

Carol.

39468[/snapback]

Hi,We have had our 75 Tourer Connoisseur Diesel auto for two and half years,131 hp version and can honestly say it's the best tow tug we have ever owned. Towing in sport mode she gives around 27mpg, biggest problem keeping her below the limit. Clive White did a good write up CC mag February 2002 on the 115hp. Spares have never been owned by Rover, it's run by a division of Catapillar, so long term should not be a real problem. Any questions, please ask.

John. 'ampshire 'og

Regarding spares as John says they are supplied by a branch of Caterpillar and they are promising a minimum of ten years for existing cars.

PLUS

Nanjing Autos the new Chinese owners of MG Rover are planning to restart production at Longbridge as well as in China and it is thought likely that the MGZT, MGZT-T and the TF will be produced here in the UK (The MGZT & MGZT-T are the Rover 75 and Rover 75 Tourer in MG guise) so spares and service will not be a problem.

Hi

I have just purchased the MG zt-t with the Beemer deisel. Pulled the caravan this w/end with ease and felt very stable. Is quite happy leaving it in 5th and pulling up the hills. :D

not sure on fuel yet, have to wait for a longer journey.

only issue they have is the clutch slave cylinder which to replace means the gearbox off and mine has already have 1 done under warranty at 40k, but i will have to do myself should the same happen again. :(

otherwise it's a great car and love driving it. :D

maxii