New Registration Certificate (Red) V5C

Lefthand Down

All Blue Log Books are being replaced due to theft of blank blue V5C's.

I received mine on 25/01/12.

This operation will be completed by November 2012 See www. direct. gov. uk/buyerbeware

The old bluev5c can then be destroyed.

The move is to reduce the risk of motorists buying a cloned or stolen vehicle.

There is a remark on my letter that suggests if you have more than one vehicle and have not received a new red v5c there is no need to contact them. A new red v5c will be issued by Nov 2012

In the meantime if you need to tell them about changes or you need to sell your vehicle and you do not have a RED fill in changes and send it. A new red v5c will then be issued.

see www. direct. gov. uk/v5c or phone 0300 123 1344. for general information about v5c

Don't Panic :ph34r:

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

They are shutting all their DVLA regional offices which will mean talking over the phone or Email to head office . i always used to go to my local DVLA if I had a problem . This is Progress?

Dave

It's really encouraging to know that they can't even keep hold of blank forms - doesn't give you much confidence in their ability to look after the data does it :wacko:

I did read somewhere that a load of blank blue 'books ' had been stolen

so they are changing to red !

It's really encouraging to know that they can't even keep hold of blank forms - doesn't give you much confidence in their ability to look after the data does it :wacko:

The forms were stolen from the printers not from DVLC

They are shutting all their DVLA regional offices which will mean talking over the phone or Email to head office . i always used to go to my local DVLA if I had a problem . This is Progress?

Dave

They are not closing ALL the offices. All part of the civil service cuts. It's cheaper and the Post Office still handle the TAX

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

All DVLA offices to shut I heard and everything will be under Swansea .

http://www. dailymail. co. uk/news/article-2073536/More-1-200-DVLA-jobs-risk-39-regional-offices-set-close. html

Dave

My information was about 6 centres would remain.

Dave

They have local offices! I was under the impression they centralised it about 30 years ago. Why would they want regional offices?

http://www. bbc. co. uk/news/uk-16158015 This seems to confirm it all.

The closures, due by the end of 2013, could save about £28m a year, it says.

Roads Minister Mike Penning said the plans to move more services online and centralise the DVLA in Swansea would "make dealing with the DVLA easier".

http://www. bbc. co. uk/news/uk-16158015 This seems to confirm it all.

The closures, due by the end of 2013, could save about £28m a year, it says.

Roads Minister Mike Penning said the plans to move more services online and centralise the DVLA in Swansea would "make dealing with the DVLA easier".

I bet certain things will be online then you will need to ring for most things so they are going the same way as everyone else when you ring, press 1 for this, press 2 for that 3 for anything else sorry all of our representatives are busy while being charged for the privilege again :angry:

I've just tried to communicate with the tax office about a form I sent a couple of weeks ago. After going through a long series of pressing buttons I was eventually asked to input the date that I sent the letter - I then got a response that said "letters take three weeks for a response, please phone on 31st January - Goodbye" and it just hung up. I was not happy :angry: .

I am getting really p. .d off with having to phone 0845 & 0870 numbers and then getting the multiple choice runaround - it costs money and time

We had an issue with Kieron's car - we didn't receive the V5 by 6 weeks. I rang the DVLA and got through straight away and they were able to tell me that it had been issued and what date. Very helpful. Received a couple of days later (the new red one).

Also had cause to ring them about our car's tax disc and again I got through straightaway. Very helpful too.

Agree about the new MOT, looks like something cobbled up in 'word'!

Edited by Janet

remember that the piece of paper is just that. The data is only valid on the central computers. Pass an ANPR equipped Police car with untaxed or uninsured car or one without an MOT and an alarm will sound in tthe car and it will either stop you or pass your location to control for you to receive an unwelcome letter later.

Very true but what if you are going to buy a car privately " yes sir it has 11 months MOT (just made one up on my computer)" Ok yes there are also systems to check on the net but not everyone has the now how at least the old certificate had some security features built into it not the simplistic thing now that's not even printed on watermarked or garage headed paper.

Very true but what if you are going to buy a car privately " yes sir it has 11 months MOT (just made one up on my computer)" Ok yes there are also systems to check on the net but not everyone has the now how at least the old certificate had some security features built into it not the simplistic thing now that's not even printed on watermarked or garage headed paper.

Thats what I thought when I saw one

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Thats what I thought when I saw one

A bit of paper can easy be forged, however vosa computer can not be accessed to change the detail. the printed paper is just like a receipt telling you that a test pass/fail result has been recorded on the VOSA computer. And instruction is given of how to verified the details.

Edited by Guest

A bit of paper can easy be forged, however vosa computer can not be accessed to change the detail. the printed paper is just like a receipt telling you that a test pass/fail result has been recorded on the VOSA computer. And instruction is given of how to verified the details.

Not sure about that as Computer Hackers seem go into govenment computers at ease i doubt it would not be beyond someone who knew . Even the US govenment security systems as the US govenment spend 100s of millions of dollars each year plugging holes made by hackers in their cyber defences . :)

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Hmmmmm, closing the regional offices will cause problems. I've imported 2 classic American cars myself and both times the DVLA have wanted to check chassis and engine numbers, don't fancy going to Swansea !!!!!!!!!!

I've received a red log book for my 76 Granada, but I'm waiting for the ones for the C-Crosser, partners Hyundai Coupe and my 70 Mustang.

I am getting really p. .d off with having to phone 0845 & 0870 numbers and then getting the multiple choice runaround - it costs money and time

Might be able to save you money but not time - http://www. saynoto0870. com/search. php