Vendee Series 5

rustygates

Hi, fellow members we are considering buying a preowned baily pageant vendee series 5, through the winter months,we want a fixed bed, and being we have only 2. 3mts between garages, so the vendee at 2. 19m so we have concluded that the vendee is the one for us. . Also could anyone give us any info on the vendee, we have seen the layout on paper and have been to a few dealers but they only seem to have bordeaux and provence on site,is ther any thing that we need to look out for apart from what iv'e read in the forums eg. plastic strip above the cooker etc. any feedback would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance

CRiS-p-bacon. ..

The Provence and Vendee are one and the same apart from where the rear fixed bed is. The Provence also has a side window on the rear offside.

Any pluses/minuses inherrent in a Provence will also be ina Vendee. I believe I read on a forum that the hinges for the Vendee's bed were strengthened earlier this year.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

Andrew has beaten me to it!!!!!!! I was going to say the same. I am sure you are making a good choice - my Provence is coming up to a year old now and I am still extremely pleased with it. I have made a couple of modifications such as adding 2 more spot lights in the lounge across the front and 2 more at the back using identical spot lights to that already fitted. We use the van thro the winter and we found that it was difficult to get light where you wanted it if reading or doing any other work. I have also added Satellite tracking as well as fitting a cd/radio unit and installing a satellite receiving system and dvd permanently so I only have to erect the dish once on site!!!!! The best addition has been a motor mover - saves any wear and tear on the car as well as making it easy to position both at storage and also on site. Anything for an easy life.

We looked at a Vendee, the shower being the attraction. it is a long heavy 'van.

I found the space between the bathroom and kitchen very narrow, I couldn't face peeps pushing past and standing to the side to get things out the oven.

Also with the transverse bed you have no private dressing area, not good when camping with teenagers and their friends!

I think a lot of Vendee's are bought by couples so the lack of a dressing area isnt so important - I also notice the Vendee' isnt much longer or heavier than many other similar 'vans. The seperate shower in the Vendee or Provence is a great attraction and although we have the Provence we do tend to leave the rear dinette made up as a bed when on site as there are only two of us. If we have 'day' visitors we revert to having a rear dinette!!!!!

It is a long 'van tho' but I have had no problems with the length and I only tend to use caravan club CL's and so far have been able to get on and off site without mishap!!!!!!!!!

I would like to thankyou all for the input you have given on the vendee,regarding the weight,i dont think it will be a problem with the nissan terrano 2. 7tdi swb that i have and as for the length, any van with a fixed bed seems to be as long as the vendee, another reason why we where thinking of the vendee rather than the provence is the fact that there is only the two of us mainly and the fixed bed would be more comfortable than the dinette cushions made into a bed, could that be true.

regards. CRiS-p-bacon

I think you are right, the fixed bed should be more comfortable than the converted dinette of the Provence.

It took us ages to find the best combination of cushions to make the rear dinette comfortable due to the knee roll on the cushions but we have now added a layer of memory foam and to be honest that has made a world of difference. Wish we had done that a long time ago.

Best of luck with the Vendee - the Series 5 is certainly a good range.

Hi

Take a look here complete with video footage!!

http://www. caravanfinder. co. uk/enter. html

Can't post URL for the exact van but if you search for Bailey vans you'll see a Vendee at £11,815 with the video footage

NRF

Hi, fellow members we are considering buying a  preowned baily pageant vendee series 5, through the winter months,we want a fixed bed, and being we have only 2. 3mts between garages, so the vendee at 2. 19m so we have concluded that the vendee is the one for us. . Also could anyone give us any info on the vendee, we have seen the layout on paper and  have been to a few dealers but they only seem to have bordeaux and provence on site,is ther any thing that we need to look out for apart from what iv'e read in the forums eg. plastic strip above the cooker etc. any feedback would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance

CRiS-p-bacon. ..

39023[/snapback]

hi ive got a vendee series 5 and just spent 3 weeks in france and Switzerland in august, covering 2000miles . i have a 12 y/o daughter, the shower room area is big enough for dressing, The bed is superb just like a bed at home, my daughter sleeps up the front with no need to move around loads of cusions, the kitchen area has not been a problem for us as most of the time were cooking outside on our grill2go, you only really get to know about a van once youve used it a few times, the only real critasism is that the struts holding up the bed for access under are a bit too week to hold the heavy bed, so i will be making up a stay to hold it up and stop it from falling on my head when i reach far over the back to get something out . weve spent 5 weeks in it so far this year in hot and cold climates, and its brill brill brill, weve had seven people sitting up the front playing uno with out any problem,

ive towed it with my 150bhp Freelander on french motorways at a constant 70mph and more at times, covering 140miles in two hours no problem .

we love it

Buy one

cheers Graham

Hi, fellow members we are considering buying a  preowned baily pageant vendee series 5, through the winter months,we want a fixed bed, and being we have only 2. 3mts between garages, so the vendee at 2. 19m so we have concluded that the vendee is the one for us. . Also could anyone give us any info on the vendee, we have seen the layout on paper and  have been to a few dealers but they only seem to have bordeaux and provence on site,is ther any thing that we need to look out for apart from what iv'e read in the forums eg. plastic strip above the cooker etc. any feedback would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance

CRiS-p-bacon. ..

39023[/snapback]

Hi, Ya. We bought new 'Vendee' in March this year and have used it for a total of about 4 weeks. Although it is an excellent van, it has to be said that the overall build quality is below par. It has already had more problems in 6 months than our previous '99 Champagne had in our ownership. Although these are all being addressed, it is the time and aggro, with several trips from storage to repairer etc. With regards to living with this van, the only problem is that if the person sleeping closest to rear of caravan needs to pay a 'visit' during the night, this is impossible without disturbing partner, but in fairness, this probably applies to a lot of fixed bed models. Overall I would recommend this 'van, but the situation regarding short supply, waiting lists etc no longer applies. it is possible to purchase these new 'off the peg', which should reflect in used values. With regards to the melting trim above the hob, I actually watched ours buckle and distort whilst wife boiling runner beans - this is also on our list awaiting repair. Regards, Colin. :o