Carver Caravelle 4 Heater

Wren_Man

Hi,

I have a Carver caravelle 4 heater fitted to my van. When I switch it on I hear the igniter click and the heater starts to work, but the igniter continues to click intermitently then the heater shuts down and the Green light on the panel starts to flash. The shutdown can happen almost immediatley or after a short period of time.

My questions are

1. What is likely to be happening?

2. Is it something I could fix by adjusting something [if so how] or is it a professional job?

Paul

Hi,

I have a Carver caravelle 4 heater fitted to my van. When I switch it on I hear the igniter click and the heater starts to work, but the igniter continues to click intermitently then the heater shuts down and the Green light on the panel starts to flash. The shutdown can happen almost immediatley or after a short period of time.

My questions are

1. What is likely to be happening?

2. Is it something I could fix by adjusting something [if so how] or is it a professional job?

Paul

39020[/snapback]

This could suggest that the thermocouple, which detects that the fire is working and keeps the gas supply open, is not working or you may not be holding the button long enough for it to warm up <_<