Pageant Provence

Hodkys

I have the above caravan, which despite some minor fixes due at the first service next week, has been brilliant.

However, people on this forum refer to winter covers for the fridge vents.

Since we caravaned throughout last winter with no problems, I am stuck as to:

- What they look like?

- Whether they are fitted to the Provence already, and should therefore be taking them off in the summer months

- Are they necessary?

Any help much appreciated :D

The Hodkys

Hi

Yes there are vents on both grills next to the caravan door. We remove them when using the van and put them back on after while travelling/storing. They are a little stiff to get off - I use the back end of a teaspoon and gently lever them off from the top clip gently inserting in a downward movement - come off easily then. to replace put the bottoms in first and then snap the top ones back into place.

Emma

Greetings,

Rather poor photo I'm afraid, but on the left with Winter Vents fitted to our Pageant Auvergne.

Regards.

Dave

They should have been supplied with the 'van when new. Must admit I havent used mine yet!!!!!! even tho I use the 'van throughout the year.

There is mention in the handbook I believe which suggests they are used below a certain temperature but I tend not to read manuals!!!!!! <_<

Winter Vent Covers should be used when in use and the ambient temperature is less than 10 degrees C (the winter six months), when the caravan isn't in use, during washing and during prolonged heavy rain.

As stated, they should have been included at delivery on all Baileys.