New To Caravanning

katiewombat

Hi We are a proud new owners of a Monza 1200s, the Mrs won it by accident for £50 off ebay. No idea what it is like to be honest.

Has anyone got one and can someone shed a bit of light on it. #

If anyone has any decent pics of this model please let me know. The suspense is killing me.

ALso is there anything I **must** know about towing a caravan before I go and pick it up. Or maybe even would it be a good idea to spent that extra bit and get it delivered.

I think the other questions I have are

1. what kid of paint is suitable for the outside

2. How do I get a gas safety check for it. Can a household gas fitter do that

Thanks in advance

Dave and katie

Before doing any serious towing with your van you must get the running gear checked over. If tyres are more than five years old, although the treads may look alright, cracks may already have started to develop. Then the braking system and wheel bearings need to be looked at. Providing the van has been well maintained throughout its life, there's no reason why it still shouldn't be in good condition. But you may not be sure of that! Best advice would be to get it serviced by a mechanic familiar with caravans, when the undergear and gas system would be tested. And welcome to the fold!

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

I echo everything that John said. You must get the running gear checked BEFORE you tow it. On the bright side, we started caravanning with a Monza, (1986 model). It lasted us 10 years and is still going strong being used by a young family of 5!

Good luck and welcome to the site. Let us know what its like.

Mikey :D

Thank you for the welcome. I am now getting the ven delivered it is worth the cash for the peace of mind, of giving it a through check before towing. I think I may well invest in a haynes manual, as we are hoping to do any work/repairs ourselves.

Once again many thanks for your help

katie

Dave and Katie,

Which area are you from? The reason I ask is that users of this web, local to you, should be able to help you with info you may need, service engineers, accessory sales, breakers for spares etc. Roll on Wednesday!!!

Mikey :rolleyes:

Guest bonscottinparis
Thank you for the welcome.   I am now getting the ven delivered it is worth the cash for the peace of mind, of giving it a through check before towing.   I think I may well invest in a haynes manual, as we are hoping to do any work/repairs ourselves.

Once again many  thanks for  your help

katie

38924[/snapback]

Hi Katie?

Did you get the van? Are you pleased with it?

;);)

Archived