Scenic Plus Porch Awning

dazkim

Hi all

Just bought a scenic plus porch awning on ebay has anybody got one of these and what are your views . I paid £95. 00 is this about the right price it is new not used.

cheers dazkim

About right - our local dealer is offfering them at £99. 95; other dealers around that.

I have just bought the Basecamp Panoramic XL for £129. 99. Not erected it yet but laid it out in the sitting room. Seems brilliant, but,.........................

can anyone tell me how to put it back in its bag?

Dazkim,

I paid £119 for a Scenic plus from an internet site. I have not seen the plus model any cheaper than that. £95 sounds a good price, I'm not sure about the 12 month garantee though, if you don't have the original receipt.

We think the porch awning is great. Plenty of room for a table, bin, dryer etc. It takes about 20 mins to errect and even comes with a caravan draught excluder skirt.

Fantastic, take ours everywhere, even on extended stays, when we take the big awning down a day or two early and erect the porch awning.

10 minutes to erect with 1 person, great!!!

Nissan X-trail 2. 2 DCi - 2005 Adria Altea 502 DK,2 well-behaved boys who I am immensely proud of!!

(Also a 1990 VW Golf Convertible, which definately does not tow anything!!!)

This post is not meant to intentionally offend anybody

About right - our local dealer is offfering them at £99. 95; other dealers around that.

I have just bought the Basecamp Panoramic XL for £129. 99.   Not erected it yet but laid it out in the sitting room.   Seems brilliant, but,.........................

38907[/snapback]

We've got one of these, used it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. We were pleased with it. Easy to put up, surprisingly spacious inside and - with a bit of effort - it does go beck into the bag eventually! Roll tight!! :lol::lol::lol:

Dazkim,

I paid £119 for a Scenic plus from an internet site. I have not seen the plus model any cheaper than that. £95 sounds a good price, I'm not sure about the 12 month garantee though, if you don't have the original receipt.

We think the porch awning is great. Plenty of room for a table, bin, dryer etc. It takes about 20 mins to errect and even comes with a caravan draught excluder skirt.

38912[/snapback]

Hi

The place i bought it from is a shop and just use ebay as a extra income so the guaratee still stands so i think i got a good deal then thanks for the replys and i look forward now to it being delivered so i can give it a go .

cheers dazkim :D

I have just bought the Basecamp Panoramic XL for £129. 99.   Not erected it yet but laid it out in the sitting room.   Seems brilliant, but,.........................

38907[/snapback]

We have one of those, really pleased with it, has stood up to some bad weather, its roomy, and the trick of getting it back in the bag is t fold the poles up in the middle ! :)

We have had ours for over a year now.

And we think they are great, especially for weekends as we try to go away as much as poss right through the year.

Showing small signs of wear now, but still worth the money.

Up in 15 mins on my own, beer fridge, bin, wet clothing etc, great.

Also a conversation "puller!", (pardon the pun), as they are still few and far between, many people have come over to ask us questions about them.

If only I was on commision!

Seems brilliant, but,.........................

38907[/snapback]

Well chuffed with mine, Not had any big problem putting it back in it's bag, although I have a big foot print on the roof from when i was putting it away on a windy day.

it adds character

Wildkat

Used our porch awning this year for over 2 weeks and was great, ideal for muddy boots etc. Even managed to use our recliners in it, although it is the smaller one. Cannot believe all the "extras" that it has for the money, fly screens etc. Notice that these are now marketed by Oggie and not SunnCamp and have been reduced to £89 (Towsure)! So easy to erect and dismantle even when wet.

Only enhancements I have made are extending the bottom rings, as it was VERY difficult to insert the pegs (did this with a couple of key rings) and using 2 lengths of pipe lagging (yes this again!) on the edges where they touch the caravan. I took this latter precaution as there was one post here that mentioned that the lateral pole had broken through and damaged the side of the van.

Can certainly recommend them although we will still use the large awning for the main summer holiday when we really want to laze around.

Roger

Used our porch awning this year for over 2 weeks and was great, ideal for muddy boots etc. Even managed to use our recliners in it, although it is the smaller one. Cannot believe all the "extras" that it has for the money, fly screens etc. Notice that these are now marketed by Oggie and not SunnCamp and have been reduced to £89 (Towsure)! So easy to erect and dismantle even when wet.

Only enhancements I have made are extending the bottom rings, as it was VERY difficult to insert the pegs (did this with a couple of key rings) and using 2 lengths of pipe lagging (yes this again!) on the edges where they touch the caravan. I took this latter precaution as there was one post here that mentioned that the lateral pole had broken through and damaged the side of the van.

Can certainly recommend them although we will still use the large awning for the main summer holiday when we really want to laze around.

Roger

39143[/snapback]

Don't quite understand where you put the pipe lagging! I have a scenic, and I just put a bit of sponge between the pole ends and the van, just in case the poles broke through their pockets (I read that post too)!

• 3 weeks later...

Wish i'd read that post, my awning is a Panorama but the same in construction as the scenic and it put three lovely dents in the side of the van this weekend!!

Didn't even notice the dents till I took it down. I am aware however that the horizontal pole which caused the damage was nowere near the side of the van when I built the awning and it was definately still located in its pocket ok when I took it down!!

Spent ages telling folks what a great investment this THING was and am now eating my words!!!!!!

P. S. anybody know how to extract dents from the side of the van?

We have the Scenic Plus which we bought this spring.

As all say, fast and easy to erect and take down. If its wet, we just throw it in the shower then dry it when we get home.

We were up in The Lakes this week (Dockray Meadow) and had 48 hours of gale force winds which really tested it. It did blow in and collapse 3 times, but gentle pressure from inside pushed the fibreglass poles back - it never phased our 2 dogs who just lay in their beds. We moved our pitch to a more sheltered area and then had a month's rainfall in 48 hours! No leaks, but as it doesn't sit flush to the 'van, you do get a bit of rain in, but the biggest problem was from the hardstanding which was waterlogged.

Wish i'd read that post, my awning is a Panorama but the same in construction as the scenic and it put three lovely dents in the side of the van this weekend!!

Didn't even notice the dents till I took it down. I am aware however that the horizontal pole which caused the damage was nowere near the side of the van when I built the awning and it was definately still located in its pocket ok when I took it down!!

Spent ages telling folks what a great investment this THING was and am now eating my words!!!!!!

P. S. anybody know how to extract dents from the side of the van?

41233[/snapback]

Was very interested to read this post. I too suffered a similar problem with the Scenic porch. In my case the stitching failed where the pocket meets the awning tape. This allowed the pole and pocket to move and rub against the bodywork resulting in 2 long scratches/dents.

Regards

NRF

HI ALL

Well we tried the awning in blackpool this weekend and was very impressed with it . It took no time at all to put up and even less to take down.

Cheers dazkim

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the other posts, I bought mine over net from Homestead, labelled as Sunncamp for £89. It went up fine, didn't leak and looks good. I've got it draped over a car in the garage to dry out! I am a little concerned about getting it bag in the bag though!!

Roll it up tight - ours went in the bag with room to spare !!!!!!!!!

I bought a Panorama XL at the recent show at Malvern, used it this week, very easy to put up and take down, goes back in the bag by rolling tightly round the poles. But when it rains the water pools on the top panel! I was on a flat site, the height is given as 240cm - 255cm and my van is 240cm but it appears to need a taller van, I am very disapointed as this completely defeats the point of a porch awning. If anyone has an answer to this problem I would would be grateful.

caw.

I must admit that I had some small amount of water pooling at the top, but due to the lightweight nature of the awning I suppose this is inevitable. When taking it down though, it made the lower part of the awning wet although it had been dry! Hence the need to dry it out when I got home!

Use our new Scenic Porch this weekend in N. Devon. Friday night plenty of rain, no problems at all - Saturday night, the heavens opened and the wind shook the van but the Scenic was fine. If it had been that windy when I 'set up' I would not have used the Scenic but the wind started late evening.

Very pleased I bought it and it was so quick to put up.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been looking for a porch awning like this or similar.

The problem I have is that the height of caravan specified is between 225 & 250cm

I have an old bucaneer caravan which is only 215cm to the awning rail.

Does anyone that owns one of these awnings know if this is likely to fit concidering the 100mm height difference.

any info would be appreciated :D