Hyundai Santa Fe

NickWilliams

B)B)

Just wondering if anyone can comment on how the Hyundai Santa Fe (diesel) fares as a tow car ?

Thanks,

Nick

38878[/snapback]

Nick

We are newbies and are towing a Bailey Senator 5 Louisiana (1695kg max) we run around 1600kgs, no problem keeping to the legal limits, 27mpg towing 37+ solo, ours is a tiptronic auto which does change down a little early sometimes but that is the norm for this type of gearbox, our diesel has done 78k 52 plate no problems at all highly recommend at the money and warranty package.

We also have the the V6 which has good grunt but a little heavier on fuel

Go for a 52 plate onwards if used and you will have the balance of 5 year warranty

Chris

I haven't got a Santa Fe but I have got a Hyundai Trajet, which has the same engine. I'm happy enough with it as a tow car.

I have considered changing to a Santa Fe but I carry 4 bikes on the roof and the weight limit for the roof rails on a Santa Fe is only 34kg. There is some inconsistancy though because in other countries (eg Australia) the limit is higher and I can't believe that the bodyshell is any different!

I did contact Hyundai about the discrepancy and got a "sort of" answer. .........

Hi I have a Santa Fe and do around 30000 a year and have nothing but praise for it. Dont want to drive around all the time in a Shogun etc Good on diesel, sound to tow with and a great warranty. I tow a Lunar Lexon EB with no trouble. Have a look at the JD Power survey on the net. Good reading :D Hope this helps