Avondale - Shock & Awe!

scotsman25

Apologies to mods if this is in the wrong place, though it might get more attn than in the avondale section. :blink:

Popped round to our local avondale dealer to (hopefully) view 06 models, Im interested in the new argente 530/5 model.

However was horrified to find that hes moving to Adria & Sprite for next year due to the problems he's had this year. Had a look in his workshop and it is full of front and rear panels all having to be replaced due to cracking/splitting.

I now notice cracks on my rear panel where the rail joins the rear/roof panel. Looks like Ill have to make my own warranty claim now.

Told me of another issue with the bigger 650/6 types where the furniture is coming away from the walls due to a weakness in the flooring, the dealer has been told to perform some astronomical work which means the van will be out for 5 mths.

We've not had any problems with our 556/6 but are now thinking that maybe we should be looking elsewhere for our next van.

Sterling Eccles here we come I think! (any owner recommendations out there)

Guest mr_sheens

JUST OUT OF INTEREST WHICH DEALER WAS IT? PM WITH DETAILS PLEASE.

I ONLY ASK BECAUSE WE HAVE GONE ONTO SPRITE AND ADRIA AND HAVE DROPPED AVONDALE THIS YEAR, BUT ONLY BECAUSE AVONDALES APPEAR TOO EXPENSIVE ON OUR SHOWGROUNDS. NOTHING TO DO WITH PANEL CRACKS

I now notice cracks on my rear panel where the rail joins the rear/roof panel. Looks like Ill have to make my own warranty claim now.

38862[/snapback]

We've got a 2004 Swift and had cracks on the front panel, so it isn't restricted to Avondale!

The repair was done by a swift engineer under warranty and you can't tell it's been done.

Guest mr_sheens

scotsman.

dont worry about any ongoing warranty repairs/problems. your dealer is still able to deal with these problems and avondale because your caravan will still have a warranty. your dealer will carry on doing repairs as long as your warranty is still valid. this is the same for any dealer swopping manufacturer.

i also know your dealer has gone to adria and sprite purely on price, avondale seem expensive on our showgrounds, nothing to do with any splitting panels.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies,

especially Mr Sheens for taking the time, I've now sussed which dealer he works for. . ;)

I'm sure I'll get the 'ole dart fixed if I need to.

Still contemplating another van.

I fancy something with a twin dinette now, with sep shower, poss an L lounge.

The only 'vans I#ve seen are the Eccles, and interestingly the Lexon DS.

In regards to Mr Sheens comments about the Avondales being overpriced.

As a consumer I thought they were fairly priced with the competition, the van I mentioned above are all 3~4k dearer.

On wanting to view the 06 vans, I now find my nearest dealers are(from leeds) Manchester, Glossop or Sheffield.

Adria Jon = Must confess not to have seen much of the Adrias yet, would they have a layout?

Will wait and see next year. (after some winter vanning)

Take Care all and keep up the posts. ... The Scotsman B)

Scotsman25 - Bailey Pageant Provence - twin dinette, sep shower, L lounge - problem solved!!!!!

Guest mr_sheens

having been an avondale dealer i have come accross unhappy customers who have bought from a certain dealer, very much higher than the norm!

Archived