Lnb For Satellite Dish

FionaY

We now only have a Sky+ box to take in the van with us and it works very well with the existing single LNB on our dish. However, we would like to be able to use all the Sky+ features which means two feeds into the box. Does anybody know of a replacement quad LNB which would fit as a replacement on an Maxview Omnisat 66 cm dish? I've phoned Maxview and they say they should be easily obtained over the internet although they don't do one themselves, but I haven't the confidence to buy one of the LNBs I've seen without being sure it's the right one.

Any help at all would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Fiona

Hope I`m not treading on Malts toes but :

I bought a complete dish setup from   Here

They do sell the lnb separately for around £22 all in,  I was very happy with the service.

Regards

Bob

38618[/snapback]

Hmmmm

£22 is well below cost price. .... clearly trading from his bedroom & not obtaining stock through a conventional route!

We can sell the Quad LNB for £50. 00 inc of Vat & postage to users of this forum. Legitimate stock with 12 months warranty.

We provide the fixings that will fit most dishes including the maxview units FOC.

For those of you who don't know. .. we are a "proper" Tv & satellite shop & we actually know about the products we sell, if you buy from us you will get as much support & advice as you need setting your equipment up.

Sermon over. ..

A word of caution to those of you using Sky+...

Sky+ boxes do not like being powered off & on quickly, if you power the unit down then you must leave it for at least 5 mins (sometimes 10) before turning the unit back on. If you don't it will get itself stuck in a loop & not power on at all!

The new software that has been downloaded over the last few weeks is also causing recording problems & can be fixed sometimes via a "Full planner rebuild". If this doesn't work it's back to the manufacturer for therapy.

Mal

Judging by all the stuff he's selling on ebay, that's some bedroom !  :D

38669[/snapback]

You would be amazed at how people pretend to be bigger than they are. ..

One satellite seller has taken a whole page advert in "What Satellite TV" for the last 8 years (costing over 1k per month) & only moved out of his parents house into a unit last year. I know you have to keep the costs down but that is ridiculous.

Adverts can be very misleading & this includes ebay.

Mal

i usally get my bits from the digibox shop

38678[/snapback]

Another one doing mail order from residential premises.

Perhaps I am wrong about this. .. but if you don't have a business premises, where can people go to touch the product, sort out any issues or get a demonstration.

Mal

Thanks Malt for your reply. I, for one, would much prefer to pay £50 for a product and get full back-up, after-sales service and a warranty from a reputable supplier than pay half that amount but find myself on my own when I can't get the product to work.

Hope to read more of your knowlegeable postings whenever the frequent digital questions come up.

Does your shop have a website?

Thanks Malt for your reply.   I, for one, would much prefer to pay £50 for a product and get full back-up, after-sales service and a warranty from a reputable  supplier than pay half that amount but find myself on my own when I can't get the product to work.

Hope to read more of your knowlegeable postings whenever the frequent digital questions come up.  

Does your shop have a website?

38682[/snapback]

Thanks for your support, I do try to help whenever I can.

It really winds me up when people have a superb website looking the ultimate professionals & b***er all behind it!

We all have to make a living & I make mine by selling stuff that I know about, sales sell the first one. ... service sells every one after that!

Anyway. ..

Yes we do have a website:

www. smallworld. uk. com

Recently reloaded & not yet complete. No ecommerce available at the moment due to lots of fraud on our previous site.

If there is something you need & it's not listed (lot's of stuff isn't yet) then email or call & ask. We actually like talking to people & meeting them in the flesh. ..:)

We may not have the best website available but we do exist in reality not just cyberspace.

Picture here.

http://www. smallworld. uk. com/images/Grand%...ng/_MG_3183. JPG

I have insisted on a dedicated caravan & motorhome section that the web designer is still updating but it is now live.

Regards

Mal

Thanks for your support, I do try to help whenever I can.

It really winds me up when people have a superb website looking the ultimate professionals & b***er all behind it!

We all have to make a living & I make mine by selling stuff that I know about, sales sell the first one. ... service sells every one after that!

Anyway. ..

Yes we do have a website:

www. smallworld. uk. com

Recently reloaded & not yet complete. No ecommerce available at the moment due to lots of fraud on our previous site.

If there is something you need & it's not listed (lot's of stuff isn't yet) then email or call & ask. We actually like talking to people & meeting them in the flesh. ..:)

We may not have the best website available but we do exist in reality not just cyberspace.

Picture here.

http://www. smallworld. uk. com/images/Grand%...ng/_MG_3183. JPG

I have insisted on a dedicated caravan & motorhome section that the web designer is still updating but it is now live.

Regards

Mal

38690[/snapback]

thedigiboxshop

this is not a spare bedroom operation

they have a shop & warehouse in poole dorset

but i suppose its easy to say its run from a bedroom

i could say that about anyone but for the unsuspecting to find out is a different proposition

thedigiboxshop

this is not a spare bedroom operation

they have a shop & warehouse in poole dorset

but i suppose its easy to say its run from a bedroom

i could say that about anyone but for the unsuspecting to find out is a different proposition

38695[/snapback]

I didn't just guess at the company being "run from a bedroom" I did some digging first.

I am sorry if I have got it wrong & if I have I apologise. ... but given the evidence listed below you can make an informed choice.

No shop address.

The address listed is a detached residential house (source 192. com)

No phone no listed at 192. com

No listing at Companies house for that address.

(listed at another address as code 7132 - Rent civil engineering machinery)

No listing at BT directory enquires for the company name & phone number.

No answer from the phone no this afternoon. (rang for 6 mins till it hung up)

It may not be run out of bedroom but it isn’t easy to get hold of them.

If I have got it wrong then I apologise unreservedly again, but before I spend any money via a website or otherwise I check out how easy it is to get hold of the company AFTER the sale.

Regards

Mal

I didn't just guess at the company being "run from a bedroom" I did some digging first.

I am sorry if I have got it wrong & if I have I apologise. ... but given the evidence listed below you can make an informed choice.

No shop address.

No listing at Companies house for that address.

(listed at another address as code 7132 - Rent civil engineering machinery)

No listing at BT directory enquires for the company name & phone number.

No answer from the phone no this afternoon. (rang for 6 mins till it hung up)

It may not be run out of bedroom but it isn’t easy to get hold of them.

If I have got it wrong then I apologise unreservedly again, but before I spend any money via a website or otherwise I check out how easy it is to get hold of the company AFTER the sale.

Regards

Mal

38705[/snapback]

ive got no connection to the digibox company only in the fact i got next day service from them on a lnb which was the cheapest around

while i was ordering what i wanted i got talking to the guy and he said they had a shop and warehouse

mal

try looking under name of company it at bottom of the contact page

http://www. thedigiboxshop. com/scripts/contactUs. asp

you get

Digisky Solutions Limited

27 Churchfield Crescent

Poole

Dorset

BH15 2QS

tel 0845 330 1588

then look up at company house you will get this info

company number

05004743 DIGISKY SOLUTIONS LIMITED

Name & Registered Office:

DIGISKY SOLUTIONS LIMITED

1 HAMILTON CLOSE

POOLE

DORSET BH15 4ES

Company No. 05004743

malt

dont suppose it against the law to have a registered office at your home address

while your shop and wharehouse is else were

i know a caravan park and farm in cornwall

that have the registered office in solictors office in poole dorset

John

I did look them up & I found the same information.

Different address & listed as civil engineering etc.

Mal

38715[/snapback]

you mean this

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

7132 - Rent civil engineering machinery

mal

at the end of the day it dont really matter to me

all i know is i ordered a lnb at 3pm got it first post next day

someone i know on a different forum lives near poole and knows the shop

you mean this

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

7132 - Rent civil engineering machinery

mal

at the end of the day it dont really matter to me

all i know is i ordered a lnb at 3pm got it first post next day

someone i know on a different forum lives  near poole and knows the shop

38719[/snapback]

The world is big enough for all of us.

As long as everyones happy it really doesn't matter.

Kind regards

Mal

:D

Wish I`d kept quiet now  :blink:

Bob

38764[/snapback]

Bob, Don't worry about it,

I've just sold the kids into the slave trade in India as no one ordered anything yesterday. .

Every cloud has a silver lining. .. B)

Mal

Does any know the approximate cost of having an automatic dish fitted on top of your caravan and what is invovled

38930[/snapback]

Around £2500 fitted. ..

Mal

Malt,

Can the 'wardrobe' Status 530/5 TV Ariel be replaced by the Omnisat Semitronic (B2555) - Semi-automatic system, if so at what sort of price?

Is this dish as good as the multimo dish (which I have and is brilliant!!!)

39012[/snapback]

Yes & no. .

In theory you could replace the aerial with the dish but the following problems may arise.

It is good practise to put the dish in the middle of the van for the weight distribution. 11 kg on the top of the roof on one side of the caravan is less than ideal.

Removing the aerial may leave bigger holes than the Maxview dish needs & sealant is less than ideal for a hole in the roof.

I am awaiting price confirmation but the manual dish is £400 + fitting.

Yes the dish will be better than your Multimo, but only due to its size, 80cm across 66 wide.

Regards

Mal

Yes & no. .

In theory you could replace the aerial with the dish but the following problems may arise.

It is good practise to put the dish in the middle of the van for the weight distribution. 11 kg on the top of the roof on one side of the caravan is less than ideal.

Removing the aerial may leave bigger holes than the Maxview dish needs & sealant is less than ideal for a hole in the roof.

I am awaiting price confirmation but the manual dish is £400 + fitting.

Yes the dish will be better than your Multimo, but only due to its size, 80cm across 66 wide.

Regards

Mal

39040[/snapback]

Thanx Mal