Which Would You Choose ??

Wildkat

Security v Safety  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Security v Safety

• Tyron Safety Bands
    • New Al-Ko Wheel 'Clamp'

:D We are in our first year of caravaning and have spent a small fortune (Caravan, New Tow Car, Awning, Porch Awning etc etc etc) not that I am complaining, it's been worth it and a few of the items have been a bit of a luxury. The problem is come next March the van is due for it's first service (already booked in with dealer) with the anniversary of the new van comes the cost of not only the service but the storage cost and insurance. So there won't be a lot to spare that month :o but I can spare a little, but what do I buy ? Tyron Safety bands for the tyres or the new Al-ko wheel lock which is avaiable for retro fit from February, I already have a Bulldog Titan Wheel clamp. Any views

Wildkat B)

Greetings,

After having had our van "written off" last year when a tyre blew and destroyed the whole wheel arch area, I have no hesitation in saying get the Tyron Bands asap. It could have been worse for us if the van had turned over and we had been injured, we were lucky but regret not having had the bands fitted to the old (6 years) van

See Tyre Damage

Regards.

Dave

If the insurance are already happy with your security, go for the Tyrons.

I have puncturseal in my tyres, that's car, caravan & Jockey wheel

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I have never had a blow out - but I know people who have - I bought Tyron bands when I replaced the tyres on my van this year - I have a twin axle - yes it was an expensive purchase - but one I feel is well worth it knowing what damage a blown tyre can cause.

Margaret

Margaret

I don't do technical !!!

Just me and my showdogs!!

About £55 each when I had mine fitted. ..got one on the spare too :lol:

Fiat Rimor Europeo 69P Motorhome

Thanx,

Heck! thats £500 :o

38466[/snapback]

So you also want to fit them to your car . ..not a bad idea :D

Fiat Rimor Europeo 69P Motorhome

So you also want to fit them to your car . ..not a bad idea :D

38469[/snapback]

Thinking about it is probably more important to have them on the towing vehicle.

If you have a blowout on a front wheel tyre at speed I would think it would be more dangerous than a blowout on a caravan. In fact I had a puncture (not a blow out) in one of the wheels when travelling in France, I wasn't aware of it until a kind French guy pulled alongside a let me know.

Archived