Underbed Locker Puddle

Totty

We have recently noticed that somehow we are getting "puddles" in our underbed locker in the black casing bit by the actual locker opening yet ther is no sign of how the water is getting in. It has got to be through the locker door somehow and only happens now and again ie not every rain storm does anyone have the same problem?

I cant help directly or thro experience but I remember this subject coming up in the past. I also remember someone put a channel above the locker door to cure the problem. Not sure whether it was in the Bailey section - have you tried a search?

A quick search revealed the following:-

http://www. caravantalk. org. uk/forums/index. ..wtopic=5152&hl=

Totty

Had the same problem with 2002 Bordeaux. Apart from replacing locker door complete with frame priced around £80, i made a ledge that protruded over the top of the locker door to take the water away. The reason i found for it only to happen sometimes was depending on where the water ran off of the roof and down the side of the van. Hope this may help.

Dave

Hi yes we have had this problem with a bailey bordeaux First you dont say if your van is new and still under warantee, if it is consult your dealer . I found water in the black plastic tray just as you have, i reported it to my dealer who said bring it in for a water test . Then i saw the notice on the inside of the door advising to press the 2 top corners of the hatch door to ensure that the locks are realy engaged . I did this and one side clicked, so i had not closed the door corectly

I then gave the door a water test by fixing the hose pipe on spray and spraying it for 15 minutes . Result no water ingress .

However i do know that the bed locker doors on some Baileys have caused problems and as a result Bailey introduced an angle drip over the door

My advice is to check that the locks are fully engaged . Do a water test . and if it is still a problem contact you dealer . I hope you can resolve it as easy as i did mine

ALL THE BEST COLJAC

We had this problem on our Lunar. Ocasionaly during heavy rain the water would run of the roof directly above the locker under the bed and would penetrate the ruber seal. I solved the problem by getting a Fiama drip strip (self adhesive guttering) and attatching it just above the locker. Now the rain hits the drip strip and runs of. No, more problems.

I had the same problem on my Senator Wyoming - Bailey supplied me with the locker cover with the 'lip' along the top everyone else has mentioned - under warranty no quibble ( I suspect it was a known problem -2003 model)

Since then no further problems. :)

• 2 weeks later...

thank you all very much for your comments. It is a november 04 model and so should still be covered under warranty, I will consult with the dealer on this one. Failing that a friend has suggested a piece of that strip draught excluder, the one that folds in half, as a mini gutter along the top?

I had the same problem on my Senator Wyoming - Bailey supplied me with the locker cover with the 'lip' along the top everyone else has mentioned - under warranty no quibble ( I suspect it was a known problem -2003 model)

Since then no further problems. :)

38544[/snapback]

We had the same problem on our 2003 Bordeaux and it was cured under warranty as the above (locker frame with 'lip' above the door). No problems since the work was done.

Yossa