Caravan Mover

zbungle

I am new to this forum although I have been caravanning for along time now. I had a caravan mover fitted at the weekend. After 25+ years of straining, heaving, sweating and cursing I finally gave in, bit the bullet and told my dealer to go ahead. What a plonker I have been for all those years! It’s wonderful. Why, oh why didn’t I fit one before.

Although I pride myself on being good at reversing and getting the caravan onto my awkward drive, there have been lots of campsite situations where I have found myself having to manually push/pull the van onto a pitch; just to get that ‘perfect spot’ next to the river or under the shade of a tree. Already the mover is proving to be perfect.

Anyone else who is thinking about fitting one, regardless of how strong and manly you are, I would say do it.

Anyone agree?

Having a mover was the only way I could have a caravan as I've got a back problem and wouldn't be able to manhandle a van.

I think they should be standard on caravans and before some folk say, oh but I manage fine, how many folk have ever hurt their back possibly by moving a caravan?

I had one fitted just before Christmas last year - best purchase I have ever made and it saves on the clutch as well being able to hook-up without any worries

yeah hello we have a twin axle caravan and like a lot of others find it really useful like putting it front ways on on a pitch where as if we did not have one we would not of been able to put the caravan that way. or just for showing off when you get to a site, or so i dont pull my back out (prevention is better than a cure)

i can reverse but sometimes like others have mentioned you just cannot get them were you want them. for all the people out there who do not have one order one there brill.

(but like someone else said twin axles do not move as wel asw single axles unless you get the reich one which i understand to be a lot of money

Ford Ranger Thunder 2007 2200kg KW

Elddis Crusader Cyclone 2010 2100kg MTPLM

Bet your dentist would advise against biting bullets. ....imagine the consequences.

Coming home from Ludlow, I missed the "Road Closed" sign. I believe it was hidden in a major road works, on which I was concentrating to negotiate (excuses, excuses,........)

Five miles later, we found the actual barrier. The road sloped in two directions, forward and sideways, and there were no side roads in which to reverse.

Lo, we unhitched and used the mover to do a five-point turn; otherwise I dread to think of the consequences.

What mover do you suggest for a single axle, and will they drive the van up the little plastic levelling ramps we all use to level our vans ?

cheers Paul

Now if you Poms could reverse a caravan as well as you play cricket you wouldn't need a mover! smile. gif

Stephen.

Totally off topic but i'd rather not be able to reverse if it meant we could beat the Aussies all the time :D . And whilst on that subject can i say how impressed i was with the way the Auatralin cricket team conducted themselves throughout the series. Their sportsmanship was fantastic in victory and defeat, and both teams showed you dont have to try and punch each others lights out to be competitive. Other sports could learn a lot from these two teams.

Bet your dentist would advise against biting bullets. ....imagine the consequences.

38446[/snapback]

Cheapest extraction I know of :)

Now if you Poms could reverse a caravan as well as you play cricket you wouldn't need a mover!   :)

Stephen.

38561[/snapback]

Just had one fitted to my Louisiana (which incidentally departs the UK in a few days) based on the advice received in this forum. This will give her that is quite happy towing the caravans :) but hates/won't reverse one B) the ability to put it on site irrespective of my presence in the future.

If you want to see the mover Stephen it will be passing through Fremantle on the 18/10, Melbourne on 23/10, Sydney on 25/10 & Brisbane on the 27/10 before I pick it up in Auckland on the 31/10 :D

What mover do you suggest for a single axle, and will they drive the van up the little plastic levelling ramps we all use to level our vans ?

cheers Paul

Paul

Personally I would go for the Powrmover - it has softstart and a good warranty. It will drive the van up the plastic levelling ramps with care. Sometimes it slips if wet and sometimes it will cause the van to veer but this can be corrected by just powering the one wheel!! Certainly not had any real problems in 10 months and still consider it was the best thing I ever bought.

Incidentally I have the heavy duty model on my Provence.

Just had ours fixed so I can have fun again! :D

For some reason the electronics had stopped receiving the full ahead radio signal from the handset, though it worked when connected with the emergency cable. :huh:

Powrtouch were really quick and the electronics (box & handset) were replaced without question.

Great service and a great product in my view.

Steve

B)

Hi people, I'm getting older, my back is getting worse and the caravan is getting heavier!! How much are we talking about to buy one and have it fitted? (Swift Accord, single axle).

Cheers

Mikey :rolleyes:

Mine is a reconditioned Carver unit that I bought from the small independent guy who looks after my caravan (MK Caravans, Rochford, Essex). Cost £700 fitted. It weighs 28Kg (plus the difference in weight between an 85Ah battery and a 110Ah battery).

Realise you may not be anywhere near Essex but there may be similar independent dealers near you. Worth a look.

Hi people, I'm getting older, my back is getting worse and the caravan is getting heavier!! How much are we talking about to buy one and have it fitted? (Swift Accord, single axle).

Cheers

Mikey :rolleyes:

38688[/snapback]

powrtouch do a recon one for about £700 fitted with 3yrs warranty

They didn't have any available when I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago, but worth checking again as I would think these are a good deal, and about £120 less than a new one (unfitted) although the guarantee is 3 instead of 5 years.

GMC

Archived