Tracking Device

KeithJ

Greetings all, I saw an advert on the side of the M5 motorway from CARNETICS for vehicle tracking, and thought it may be useful to members of caravantalk forum. A little expensive but some members may be in a position to buy. You'll note that as a CC member their offering a 10% discount. I wanted to know if it was possible to by the basic kit without continuous tracking (to keep the cost down) This is a copy of their reply.

Good morning Keith,

We are currently talking to the caravan clubs amongst others, offering our unique asset tracking device to its members at a reduced cost,

I have attached some information, which I feel you would find interesting. Carnetics have also secured a Gold Standard from Sold Secure.

The benefits of the Asset tracking device is that there are no ongoing costs other than your usage, you simply pay as you track. For a location request from the device, it will cost 12p.

The device "as shown on the website" is retailed at £385. 00 + vat, however because you are a caravan club member you get a nice 10% off.

Device Cost £346. 50 + vat = £407. 14 Total and 12p whenever you need to locate or track your caravan. Assuming that you will only ever need to use the device in the even of theft.

The Asset will forward to you its status report once a week, just to let you know that the batteries are healthy.

I hope this answers your questions, however if you would like to go through a detailed Website walk though, please feel free to call me on 01905 779500 (office) or 07967 218725 (mobile)

Kind regards

John Pedlow

Carnetics UK

A good bit cheaper than 'Tracker' but when I had my caravan stolen, the CC would only insure me if I had 'Tracker' fitted. They would not accept any other make. On a couple of occasions, I forgot to turn the 'Tracker' off when I was setting off with the 'van. Within 10 minutes, 'Tracker' rang me to ask if I knew the 'van was on the move. Reassuring for the £748. 01 layout. (10 years monitoring).

No insurance premium discount because it is a stipulation by them. If I had it fitted of my own accord, there would have been discounted premiums.

Greetings all, I saw an advert on the side of the M5 motorway from CARNETICS for vehicle tracking, and thought it may be useful to members of caravantalk forum.   A little expensive but some members may be in a position to buy.   You'll note that as a CC member their offering a 10% discount.   I wanted to know if it was possible to by the basic kit without continuous tracking (to keep the cost down) This is a copy of their reply.

Good morning Keith,

We are currently talking to the caravan clubs amongst others, offering our unique asset tracking device to its members at a reduced cost,

I have attached some information, which I feel you would find interesting. Carnetics have also secured a Gold Standard from Sold Secure.

The benefits of the Asset tracking device is that there are no ongoing costs other than your usage, you simply pay as you track. For a location request from the device, it will cost 12p.

The device "as shown on the website" is retailed at £385. 00 + vat, however because you are a caravan club member you get a nice 10% off.

Device Cost £346. 50 + vat = £407. 14 Total and 12p whenever you need to locate or track your caravan. Assuming that you will only ever need to use the device in the even of theft.

The Asset will forward to you its status report once a week, just to let you know that the batteries are healthy.

I hope this answers your questions, however if you would like to go through a detailed Website walk though, please feel free to call me on 01905 779500 (office) or 07967 218725 (mobile)

Kind regards

John Pedlow

Carnetics UK

38340[/snapback]

12p is a small price to pay but how is that of use to those of us who take their vans to storage after an outing becuase we have no room at home. We leave the van in storage for perhaps a month until the next outing, we go to collect the van only to find that it has been stolen, you then fork out 12p to track your van and get no reply cos the unit has long since been discovered and removed and the van sold on 400 miles away. The more expensive Tracker on the other hand alerts owners as soon as it is moved or the unit is disconnected - I'm glad I paid the extra.

navigator

I think it is preferable to know when someone is trying to steal your caravan not find out a week later when you visit the storage site hence my preference for the Tracker system.

Archived