Sign in to follow this  
JCloughie

Unicorn Shower Cubical

Love my Valencia, however there are some minor guarantee issues that need sorting and I can see opportunities to improve the design for sat TV and in board tank.

My main worry, which I have asked the dealer to look at at the end of January, is a poor join behind the concertina door in the shower wall. I have since looked at new vans which are the same!

Can other Unicorn owners look at the join between wall and door frame in their shower and report to this tipic with regards to appearance, acceptability and quality of seal.

John

I can't see any sealant on ours and did query this with Bailey before purchase. Their reply said that it was fitted as designed and would not leak past the join. After 12 months and numerous showers we haven't has so much as a drop to be concerned about.

i notice this on my pickup day & when i got home i ran clear sealant in all the places that i thought needed it.

Don't forget the shower wall is separate from the roof and base, presumably to enable removal to access the roof to wall clamping bolts.

That's my assumption anyway.

So extensive sealing may not be a good idea.

Nor should it be necessary.

Don't forget the shower wall is separate from the roof and base, presumably to enable removal to access the roof to wall clamping bolts.

That's my assumption anyway.

So extensive sealing may not be a good idea.

Nor should it be necessary.

I didn't do the walls as that was my thinking as well, but i did run some sealant in the bathroom area around the sink & shelving area's on the wall side.

Just as a side issue, my Valencia shower lining started to crack at the bottom where it joins the tray. I assume that this is because it is so thin. No probs though as Bailey replaced it with another (just as thin) one.

Guest jks
Just as a side issue, my Valencia shower lining started to crack at the bottom where it joins the tray. I assume that this is because it is so thin. No probs though as Bailey replaced it with another (just as thin) one.

Our Pegasus is just the same very thin. It hasn't cracked yet so I am going to seal it all round and behind the folding door. Can't understand why Bailey don't seal it all.

I checked thiswith Bailey as my Peg11 is same.

They said designed like this to remove during big service to check bolts.

Used mine few ime no leaks.

David

Guest jks
I checked thiswith Bailey as my Peg11 is same. They said designed like this to remove during big service to check bolts. Used mine few ime no leaks. David

Hopefully, in 3 year's time, when they plan to check the bolts, it will be proven that they don't need it!

Since we got our Pegasus 2 Genoa I have wondered about the unsealed joints on the shower. At the bottom it looks as if water from the sides should safely make it to the shower tray without leaking behind the plastic unless there is a lot of water directed at one place. But what about the top? My fear is that steam will get up through the unsealed joints, hit the cold caravan wall and condense. It will then trickle down the walls to the floor where we can't see it or get at it.

Are my fears realistic?

Well the van is well insulated and if u heat it well in winter and vntilate it shud be ok - also - the showers dont last long in a van befor water runs out. So less steam.

David

Mine Has done the same i am awaiting lowdhams to get an answer from bailey regarding this.

CHEERS DAZKIM

Edited by dazkim

Just picked van up after first service, shower looked at requested under warrantee, they have straightened out and sealed join behind door, looks OK. Time will tell.

Guest jks
Just picked van up after first service, shower looked at requested under warrantee, they have straightened out and sealed join behind door, looks OK. Time will tell.

They obviously don't intend to check that the bolts are tight then. Is the rumour true that they are no longer checking the bolts on the 3rd service?