Caravan Faults - Is Distance Travelled A Cause...

a18041967

We took delivery of a new Bailey caravan last August, and have been relatively pleased with the van up until recently when we travelled 1500+ miles down to the south of France. During the trip we have notice the following:-

Hairline crack inside under the front panel, cupboard woodwork rubbing the inside ceiling and damaging the roof lining, jockey wheel cracked and a number of other smaller faults.

:blink: I'm now wondering if it is a good idea to stress you van whilst under warranty to expose these types of faults, or are we just unlucky ?

As the van is under warranty I'm not too worried, my only concern is, they may have to remove the roof to repair the the hairline crack & damaged roof. Would this normally mean the van returning to Bailey and what would the repair be like ?

"is distance travelled a cause"

Interesting point that, I've often wondered about it. Someone I know vans every weekend of the season so their one years useage maight be equal to say four years by someone elses. I know which van I'd rather buy secondhand :D ALso, depending what its towed by? A van on he back of something with very hard rear suspension is going to have a harder time of it.

Archived