Sign in to follow this  
chapmag

2012 Acsi Card Arrived This Morning!

My package arrived this morning. Unfortunately it has been opened and although the book is there, the card is not. Have e mailed ACSI and hope to get a replacement soon. Or am I missing where Part 1 is? It used to be part of the inside cover but not on mine. Oh well, still a month or so to go before we leave so hopefully will get it sorted.

dave the card is in book 1 ie the one with the picture off the old folk on bikes . .its in the inside page (part of the book)

mine was opened also

Still waiting i am a subscriber too.

Phil.

I do not have anything with old folks on bikes. The book has all the sites listed and a happy family on the beach on the front. Been through every page but no card can be seen.

you should have 2 books . . the book with the happy family on the beach only has France,Italy,portugal and spain. . that is book2. book 1 haqs the card and all the other countries (16 in total)

also you should have another 3 bits of paper work also

Edited by purplemadboy

Sorry, 1 book only. I could be kind and say the others fell out or some toerag has halfinched them.

Just relooked at the envelope and see that it was redirected to Folkestone for some reason. Not exactly close to Edinburgh. Checked the address ACSI have used and it is correct so Royal Mail screwed up again. Now I know it has been opened and someone has just tossed half of it in the bin.

Ours arrived some some days ago (24 hours after the Camping Cheques one) all have been redirected to Portugal where we are currently - hope they arrive before 1/1/2012:-))

If not will will sit and wait (and pay an extra €0. 10 per day) till it arrives.

Just noticed another one has gone from the offer in Switzerland - Camping Paradiso.

I have found a Dutch publication though that is free and covers some more sites. I have ordered it and will post links etc once received.

Russell

It's arrived - Christmas has come early! Will be taking the books away with us over the New year to start some serious planning ready for early retirement at end of Feb!

To Dave225 - ours also had a Folkestone sticker on it, but only to say in case of non-delivery it was to be returned to a Folkestone address. The envelope was attached to a cardboard carrier which had the two books inside, side by side. Hope you get yours sorted soon.

Our books arrived this morning. Ordered through Carefree service of the C&CC.

John

I emailed ACSI at the weekend but I suspect they are shut down till after the holidays as no response so far.

Mine arrived yesterday and I've applied for the free ID card. 2 thick volumes so the ACSI scheme is obviously getting more popular.

John M

Hi all,

Received ACSI post last week, but only Book 1, have emailed twice since regarding book 2 containing France,Italy,Spain & Portugal info but as yet haven't even had reply from email. Merry Christmas to all. Catch ya later,indoors.

I noticed when I received my books, the one end of the package was open, but fortunately every think was present. It would appear that there is a perforated bit on the packaging, and it splits open quite easy.

Regards Ron

First time with ACSI and not impressed. Only one guide arrived out of the two. French site guide is missing. Have also applied for Camping Carnet. Since middle of December have sent 6 e-mails re missing guide book and camping carnet. They have not even had decency to acknowledge recipt of mail let alone answer and send missing items.

Next step is charge back on payments through bank, maybe that will buck them uip.

I've always had prompt replies to emails from ACSI - but someone (above) suggests getting on contact with them through Twitter. Perhaps this is worth a try.

Persevere, though, because the discounts are seriously worth having - and once you've got both guides then you'll have no problems using the ACSI card.

I've looked at this ACSI scheme but with some of their sites at 16 euros it seems a bit dear. We were paying around 12 or 13 euros at sites over there last year without any sort of card. Is this ACSi really worth going for?

I've looked at this ACSI scheme but with some of their sites at 16 euros it seems a bit dear. We were paying around 12 or 13 euros at sites over there last year without any sort of card. Is this ACSi really worth going for?

The ACSI do have 3 price bands starting at €12 although I am pretty sure the majority seem to be at the higher end. Having said that €16 a night is a lot better than we usually pay in the UK. You don't say what sort of site you generally use but ACSI gives you a lot of choice and the only upfront investment is the cost of the site directories with an card which costs £13/14. If you are touring I would have thought it a good investment.

David

You're right, there are some cheap sites in France, and if you choose to stay on one of those sites, then ACSI isn't worth having. Where it IS worth having is when you want to stay on a site which charges 29 euros and it's part of the ACSI scheme at 16 euros, saving you 13 euros per night and especially so if it does 7 nights for 6, as some sites we stayed on last year. As David says, there are three 'official' bands, 12, 14 and 16 euros, but some sites are only ten euros - and that includes two adults, car and caravan, awning and electricity, so that's a pretty good deal. The rate for the site depends, generally, on the facilities offered, and the 16 euro sites are often those with full facilities - bar, restaurant, swimming pools, etc. and the savings on these sites can be quite substantial.

Edited by ValA

Just joined ACSI for the first time and although not planning many European trips, I can tell you that the books alone would be worth the investment - the discount card is a bonus. Some of our planned time abroad is in the "high" season at the end of August, so not many discounts where we are going, but the books have been invaluable and will be used to select stop-overs on our travels.

Once thing worth remembering is that the ACSI card is generally available to buy from sites which accept it (at least it was last time I bought one at Les Isles sur la Sorgue a couple of years ago). So you don't have to commit yourself in advance. The only problem was that the only site guide they had was in Dutch.

I agree with moorgate that many French sites, especially municipals are cheaper than the ACSI lowest rate. As we are not interested in on-site pools, bars etc then these are the sites we go for.

Once thing worth remembering is that the ACSI card is generally available to buy from sites which accept it (at least it was last time I bought one at Les Isles sur la Sorgue a couple of years ago). So you don't have to commit yourself in advance. The only problem was that the only site guide they had was in Dutch.

I agree with moorgate that many French sites, especially municipals are cheaper than the ACSI lowest rate. As we are not interested in on-site pools, bars etc then these are the sites we go for.

don't forget folk, there are sites in the UK where you can use ACSI.

cheers rodders B)

I think ACSI is excellent value. We stay at many sites when in Germany and Austria which are 24 euro's night upwards so 16 euro's is quite a saving. We do not particularly require all singing dancing sites but it is nice to have excellent facilities and restaurants etc. , though some of these sites are large at the time of year we go, April, May and June they are usually pretty quiet. Must admit when we go away we like the facilities to be at least equal to ours at home or in the caravan and do not like to be surrounded by itinerants like we have been in the past on municipal sites in France.

I agree, Diane - whilst municipal sites can be lovely, there's no doubt that some of them are well used by itinerant workers, market traders and the like - especially those near the major routes or towns. On the larger commercial sites, in ACSI dates, the others on site are usually mature couples like ourselves, and that makes for a very relaxing, and generally quiet, holiday.