Passat 12v Boot Power Supply

carl

Hi all,

I have been putting a towbar on my new 2004 Passat and everything went well apart from me touching the live from the 12v boot power supply against the body of the car which didnt really bother me as i thought i could just change the fuse at the end and all would be ok. How wrong i was. I have spent longer trying to find the fuse for this socket than i did fitting the towbar.

My question is has anybody come across this and actually know where the fuse is located?Ive checked all the fuses that are located at the end of the dashboard but all are intact. I know somebody is going to say its in a place that says, this fuse is for your boot socket and is in a place that is so obvious that even the wife could have found it, but ill take the embarassment i just want my electrics to work.

Thanks in advance

Carl

Found this post in a Passat forum, hope it helps.

This one KILLED me for like two hours trying to find. There are a few fuses that are actually underneath the dash, this one being one of them.

Here's how you get to it.

1. First pull off your fuse panel cover on the driver's side of the dash.

2. Remove your headlight switch (Push in on the dial and turn to the right, it'll slide out, disconnect the harness

3. Remove torx screw holding on the lower part of the dash, there area few more across the bottom of the dash hidden along the edges of the pockets, I believe a total of 4.

4. Carefully drop down the lower dash, disconnecting the dimmer switch

5. You'll see the relay panel in front of you (now is a great time to disable your DRLs if you want to)

6. Look along the top of the relay panel and you'll see the extraneous fuses.

Found this post in a Passat forum, hope it helps.

This one KILLED me for like two hours trying to find. There are a few fuses that are actually underneath the dash, this one being one of them.

Here's how you get to it.

1. First pull off your fuse panel cover on the driver's side of the dash.

2. Remove your headlight switch (Push in on the dial and turn to the right, it'll slide out, disconnect the harness

3. Remove torx screw holding on the lower part of the dash, there area few more across the bottom of the dash hidden along the edges of the pockets, I believe a total of 4.

4. Carefully drop down the lower dash, disconnecting the dimmer switch

5. You'll see the relay panel in front of you (now is a great time to disable your DRLs if you want to)

6. Look along the top of the relay panel and you'll see the extraneous fuses.

38261[/snapback]

Thanks for your help,

Ive actually got fed up with looking and took another permenant live from under the dash behind the carpet and run it back to the socket live in the boot.

Everything seems to be all good.

Ill have a look if i need to be behind my dash in future.

Regards

Carl