We Have Just Bought A Adria Caravan

Bart

it seems almost perfect for a 6 berth, 1991 model and pick it up on friday.

We were just wanting to find out a bit more information about it, but for the life of me, can't remember the model name and forgot to get further information from the sellers.

Can anyone help and point us in the right direction. . :)

thanks

Gareth

We have now got the info. ..a adria optima 500b. . :)

Hi Bart

Congratulations on your purchase just hope the new ones are built as good as the older ones I have only really had a look in one older Adria before and some of the components were the same so hers hoping.

What other info on your van were you after?

JON

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Bart

Congratulations on your purchase just hope the new ones are built as good as the older ones I have only really had a look in one older Adria before and some of the components were the same so hers hoping.

What other info on your van were you after?

JON

38427[/snapback]

Thanks for that. I think we have managed to sort out all the bits and bobs now. ...ready for taking it away for the weekend. .... :D

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah it was very good. ..but we are having a problem with the truma heater. ..no destructions etc. ..but its not sparking up when the gas control/heat control is 1/4 way or depressed. ....

Any one help?????

thanks

Hi Bart

Might not be much help but if you bought the van private it might be a good idea to have it serviced and that should pick up any problems or if you have bought the van from a dealer you should take it up with them.

Regards

JON

• 3 months later...
it seems almost perfect for a 6 berth, 1991 model and pick it up on friday.

We were just wanting to find out a bit more information about it, but for the life of me, can't remember the model name and forgot to get further information from the sellers.

Can anyone help and point us in the right direction. . :)

thanks

Gareth

We have now got the info. ..a adria optima 500b. . :)

38108[/snapback]

congrats on ur baby u will love it as much us all adria owners and u will never go for another british lol happy camping

thanks folks. ...yeah we bought it private and have sorted it out now with the help of Gary. ....

We have just had it serviced this weekend for this years weekends out and about. ..and lucky for us, it didn't have a problem. ...the bloke servicing it, wanted to buy it off me. ..lol. ..

ATB

Bart

• 1 month later...

Dear Bart, I know this is an old thread and you may not see this. However we have just bought the very same Adria 500B 'Executive' no less. We too have found a superb clean caravan at a bargain price. We also have the same problem with the heater and have no instructions. We are to get the caravan serviced prior to use. How much is an average service? Also how have you found the van for towing and using? Your reply would be helpful. Thanks SteveW.

Dear Bart, I know this is an old thread and you may not see this. However we have just bought the very same Adria 500B 'Executive' no less. We too have found a superb clean caravan at a bargain price. We also have the same problem with the heater and have no instructions. We are to get the caravan serviced prior to use. How much is an average service? Also how have you found the van for towing and using? Your reply would be helpful. Thanks SteveW.

Hi Steve

i know your in sheffield and it may be to far but if you know Ambergate in Derbyshire i would highly

reccomend their service centre, (not the Ambergate caravan sales they're not recommended!) Ambergate caravan service centre are pretty good, i don't have the number to hand as i live close by i just normally pop in (i'm not a rep or anything for them :) ) but a full service with them is 140. 00 pounds, and my last work required done there, was very well done :) .

Thanks Bart, it is a trek as we are the other side of Sheffield (* Stocksbridge). I have also been advised to use Dinnington Caravans which I am told is of a similar price. Thanks Steve.

Stevew. .....

Towing the caravan has been fine. ...it is quite large, we had noticed that it has snaked a few times, but we bought one of those 'strong arms' to hopefully stiffen it up. ...Overall its been fine. ..

The heater, well we have been chatting to Jon from on here. ..and are going to get a starter, but for the time being we have an electric blower which keeps us all nice and warm. ....anything else please ask. ..

good luck with your caravaning. ...

Thanks Bart.

I have got a stabiliser but have to fit it yet, We came to the same conclusion with the heater, we are to use an electric blow heater for the time being. I am going to get the heater fixed with the service. Still have not had chance to use the caravan yet due to work commitments. Thanks Stevew