Extra £ For Different Upholstery

Daveg

Hi,

Can any one please explain why you have to pay extra for different coloured upholstery ( and I have ),, my wife decided blue was nicer than the red!.

I assume the quality is identical <_<

Thanks

Dave

Hi,

Can any one  please explain why you have to pay extra for different coloured upholstery ( and I have ),, my wife decided blue was nicer than the red!.

I assume the quality is identical <_<

Thanks

Dave

38089[/snapback]

Probably for the same reason as any non-spec item costs more - they buy bulk to produce a standard unit and special orders means they have to buy in small amounts at normal prices and so pass on the extra costs to you. From personal experience of building/supplying (not caravans) we used to actually lose money on special orders.

Dead easy. A designer decides the colour they like. The manufacturer orders the upholstery by the mile at a cheap rate. Someone else thinks 'but wouldn't it look nice in another colour?' The manufacturer then orders the upholstery by the yard at a more expensive rate. They the pass on the extra cost.

Dead easy.   A designer decides the colour they like.   The manufacturer orders the upholstery by the mile at a cheap rate.   Someone else thinks 'but wouldn't it look nice in another colour?'  The manufacturer then orders the upholstery by the yard at a more expensive rate.   They the pass on the extra cost.

38096[/snapback]

Its all very well talking about bulk buying but the upgraded upholstery one year is often the standard of the following year.

Manufacturer wins every time.