the911sc

Bailey Service Interval And Warranty

Anyone know what leeway there is on servicing for warranty?. Mine is due december and I cant take it in until after the anniversary. Is there a 30 day grace period or similar?

I think its 6 weeks either side of the purchase date, but i stress not sure.

Phil.

I had the same problem. .I called Bailey and they told me 60 days was allowed but to write and confirm the situation and it would be acceptable and valid. Have had a small problem since which was covered so I guess it works !

Phil is correct according to my paperwork it's within 6 weeks of the first purchase date and it should have a full service and annual damp check carried out by a Bailey authorised service centre.

Edited by dave11a

Extract from current Bailey warranty. Note there is no leaway on the last service before the warranty runs out

4. The caravan must undergo a full annual service and inspection, including a moisture survey, carried out, subject to paragraph 5 below, by an Authorised Service Centre. The final annual service in the warranty period must be carried out before the end of that warranty period, but all other annual services may be carried out within six (6) weeks either side of each anniversary of the original purchase date. The original VAT invoices must be retained as proof that these annual inspections have been carried out.

5. During the first three (3) years of the Warranty Cover, all annual inspections and repairs must be carried out either by Bailey itself or an approved Bailey Service Centre or Agent. Thereafter, due to the technical nature of an Alu-Tech constructed caravan, annual inspections and repairs may be carried out by any workshop or repair centre approved by the National Caravan Council that has attended Alu-Tech training courses at the Bailey factory.

Brian

at service 3 and 6 the services must be completed on or before the anniversary of the date of purchase

at service 3 and 6 the services must be completed on or before the anniversary of the date of purchase

Is that just for the Alu-tec vans as there is no mention of that anywhere in the paperwork for our Senator ?

Extract from current Bailey warranty. Note there is no leaway on the last service before the warranty runs out

Brian

Interestingly, with point 5 from the warranty book, Bailey have told me that any NCC approved workshop can service an Alutech in years 1 & 2. Year 3 has to be performed by a Bailey Service Centre, presumably to tighten my nuts

Is that just for the Alu-tec vans as there is no mention of that anywhere in the paperwork for our Senator ?

this is and always was the case. at year 3 all warranty expires appart from water ingress and delamination. this is why the 3rd service must be completed before the end of year 3. at year 6, before alu-tech, the water ingress and delamination expired and this is why the 6th service must be completed on or before the anniversary

this is and always was the case. at year 3 all warranty expires appart from water ingress and delamination. this is why the 3rd service must be completed before the end of year 3. at year 6, before alu-tech, the water ingress and delamination expired and this is why the 6th service must be completed on or before the anniversary

Now I do find that very interesting as there is no mention whatsoever in Section 1 Warranty terms in the Bailey Owners Handbook or Service Book for our Senator that this has to be completed on or before the 3rd anniversary date it only states within 6 weeks of each anniversary of purchase. So once again another way for Dealers or Manufacturers to try to wangle themselves out of cover. I shall be contacting Bailey directly to clarify this our van is 3 years old in January ok it's booked in for service just before Christmas so we are in your interpretation covered but if like last year had our van been 3 years old and serviced 2 weeks after the anniversary date due to the snow we would not be covered for the 6 year Body Shell Integrity.

PS Email sent to bailey for clarification.

Edited by dave11a

Well well something for us all to think about the first section is my question to Bailey this morning.

"Good morning could you please clarify a situation for me?

Our Senator is coming up to 3 years old this January and is as normal booked in for it's annual service with an authorised dealer before the anniversary of the purchase date to comply with your warranty terms and conditions. Now a Dealer on a website is stating that the 3rd service must be completed on or before the anniversary date otherwise the Body Shell Warranty is not valid I can find nothing in your terms and conditions stating this other than serviced within 6 weeks of the anniversary date. I am rather concerned about this due to if our van had been 3 years old last year our Warranty would not be Valid as due to the Snow the van was serviced some 10 days after the anniversary date through no fault of either the Dealer our myself as all the roads were closed and this could have caused some serious consequences for us.

I look forward to your reply.

Many Thanks

Dave"

And here is the reply _______________

"Good Morning Dave

I have asked the question for you and technically this is correct regards the 3rd and 6th year service, however we do not enforce this.

I have confirmed this with our warranty manager Mr Alan Danks.

Kind Regards

Bailey Caravans"

And here is my response

"I would have thought that if this is the situation then you should send out amendments for the Owners Handbook to every owner of a Bailey caravan that is registered with you and still in warranty stating this as this is not what is stated in your paperwork.

Dave"

Edited by dave11a

maybe i didnt explain quite clearly enough. the 3rd service must be completed on or before the anniversary to ensure any warranty claims on the items covered in the 3rd year are submitted before their warranties expire eg. the truma ultrastore has a 3 year warranty. in 1st and 2nd year this is covered by truma and in year 3 by bailey. so in theory if you went 5 weeks over the required date for service, the warranty on the heater will have expired. this later service will not however alter the water ingress cover.

in a lot of cases before the introduction of alu-tech, bailey warranty was always 3year mechanical cover and a further 3year water ingress cover. a lot of customer will have bought the extended warranty which was underwriten by another company ie warranty holdings, autoprotect etc even though the policy booklet is covered with bailey branding. this extended warranty policy extends the mechanical cover for a further 3years, effectively bringing the caravan warranty up to a 6 year full warranty. these companies are not very sympathetic when it comes to claims. if the servicing t`s and c`s are not correct they will not authorise claims. so this is were the servicing intervals are critical.

i hope i have made myself a little more clearer now, and sorry for any confusion i may have caused.

IMHO Dave11a was either impatient (in not clarifying the post with Reads) or mischievous (in referring the matter to Bailey).

Either way it has been clarified the way 99. 9% of Bailey Owners no doubt interpreted what was in the Owners Manual in the first place.

G.

• Like 1

IMHO Dave11a was either impatient (in not clarifying the post with Reads) or mischievous (in referring the matter to Bailey).

Either way it has been clarified the way 99. 9% of Bailey Owners no doubt interpreted what was in the Owners Manual in the first place.

G.

NOT in the slightest just concerned as the way it read to me from Reads was IT MUST BE serviced on or before the 3rd anniversary date to comply with the warranty and as Bailey confirmed that IS the case but they do not enforce it at the moment but who's to say they won't in the future or an unscrupulous dealer will, (not inferring Reads are in any way as I have only respect for them with taking part in this forum). So perhaps that should be written into the warranty terms and conditions not the clearly written 6 weeks that is in the owners manual

Edited by dave11a

Hi I have gone over my first year service date as I did not receive my letter for service contacted baileys but no reply back

You may have been better off posting a new topic rather than adding to one that is almost 8 years old!

However, your first service should be completed no later than 6 weeks after the anniversary of the original purchase date, any later than 6 weeks and your warranty will probably be invalid.

Edited by hp100425ev

1 hour ago, Lisa jones said:

Hi I have gone over my first year service date as I did not receive my letter for service contacted baileys but no reply back

They don’t send one!

I book mine in early summer for the service (9th September is the annual point so book it in for the first chance after the school holidays)

1 hour ago, Lisa jones said:

Bailey dont send you a reminder - it's down to you to sort it out. Some dealers do send a reminder.

You need to have your first and second service carried out up to 6 weeks before or 6 weeks after the purchase/registration anniversary date but the third and sixth service must be completed within six weeks before the anniversary otherwise you'll lose the benefit of the warranty. It's pretty c;early laid out in the warranty book

Edited by matelodave

It pays to be sure, my caravan was purchased on the 9th April 2019, I already have the first service booked on the 4th of April 2020

My 2017 bailey cadiz went in for service in 7th October2019 after trying to book the service in July, we'll in the time frame to keep the warranty up to date, the van was bought 29th September 2018, they have found £500 worth of warranty work on the items that carry a 2 years warranty but bailey have declined the claim as they are saying its 8 days over the purchase date, they are saying the second service needs to be carried out before the purchase date and there is no leway to this, even tho in the book it says 6 weeks eather side of the purchase date, seems like they have moved the goals post to me 

Edited by Roy bond

Did you buy it new in Sept. 2018 or second hand?

The counting is from original purchase date and with supplying dealer.

48 minutes ago, Roy bond said:

My 2017 bailey cadiz went in for service in 7th October2019 after trying to book the service in July, we'll in the time frame to keep the warranty up to date, the van was bought 29th September 2018, they have found £500 worth of warranty work on the items that carry a 2 years warranty but bailey have declined the claim as they are saying its 8 days over the purchase date, they are saying the second service needs to be carried out before the purchase date and there is no leway to this, even tho in the book it says 6 weeks eather side of the purchase date, seems like they have moved the goals post to me 

That’s not my understanding, sounds like somebody at Bailey has got that wrong; it’s true of year 3 but not 1 or 2 when the 6-weeks either side applies.

Bought private second hand in 2018, first registered on 29th September 2017 by previous owner, that's why I rang up on the 3 July to get it done before the original purchase date was up, bailey dealer could not do it until 8 days after the original purchase date 

When ours goes in for service we automatically book next year’s service date!