Really Badly Run C&cc Cl

Gatwickba

Is it OK to post a warning about a privately run site that is about the worst I have seen?

38042[/snapback]

Why not - the censors will soon cut it if the don't like it. ;)

If anyone is looking for a site around London, AVOID the one advertised in the Camping & Caravanning book in IVER - Buckinghamshire.

Its called Lossie Nursery, and has to be the worse looked after CL we have ever been too, entrance gated hanging off - almost causing damage to van, building rubble scattered everywhere, old garage doors, kids toys, the fresh water point is overgrown with nettles, the CDP is a toilet and a tap (no hose).

There are about 5 vans on that look like people work from them, coming ang going at all hours of the day & night, and the "warden" couldnt care less.

We wont be staying again.

I don't know about C&CC but CC has a facility for reporting poor CL's. ..I'm sure C&CC must have similer arrangement?

I don't know about C&CC but CC has a facility for reporting poor CL's. ..I'm sure C&CC must have similer arrangement?

38068[/snapback]

We stayed at a c&cc cl/cs site a few months back which was awlful.

We wrote to the c&cc about it, they repled right away, then again saying they would follow it up.

So they have got a complaint process, which is good.

We stayed at a CL that we did not meet the standards, wrote the the CC with our concerns.

Being placed in an overflow field as the 5 pitches on the CL were full

Having 2 tents pitch next to us!!!

Being charged more that was advetised in the CC book

Not being asked for our CC membership

Having to plug our mains supply into the house through a window so asked how we would be covered by our insurance (as we are insured by the CC)

We received a promt letter back saying this would be investigated when the CL inspector for that area was available.

A week later we received a reply. The CL owner had been inspected, but were not told that is was down to a complaint. The had been reminded of the T&C of being a CL. We were told that sometimes an 'oversight' would mean that an extra van would sometimes be overbooked and would be placed into the rally field, there was no mention of any of our other issues.

We are aware that the costs of setting up a CL are high and that geting returns can be hard, but what we experienced was well over the top.

We have also stayed at 4 other CL without any problem.

Regards

Trevor

This one I was on was also charging over the top, and electrics plugged into a shed!

One guy had been on site for over 12 months and was being charged £200 per month with NO facilities.

Had our letter today saying they received the comments and will investigate.

I have only ever stayed at one bad CL and it was awful, I was overcharge, put in another field next to the cesspit (you name it it had it bad)

I reported it but they are still running as a CL.

but

All the others I have stayed at have been first class and extremely good value for money.

It's such a shame that one bad site can let the rest down.

Archived