How Do You Position Your Rig??

gizmoman

Recently I went to a caravan site with large marked out hard standings.

To me the obvious way to arrange caravan/awing/vehicle is by positioning the caravan in the middle of the pitch with the car behind and obviously the awning in the front.

I was surprised to see quite a few with the caravans at the back of the pitch, the awing, then the vehicle in front of the awning, so when you look out of the awning window inches away is the vehicle.

How do other people arrange their 'rigs' :huh:

Recently I went to a caravan site with large marked out hard standings.

To me the obvious way to arrange caravan/awing/vehicle is by positioning the caravan in the middle of the pitch with the car behind and obviously the awning in the front.

I was surprised to see quite a few with the caravans at the back of the pitch, the awing, then the vehicle in front of the awning, so when you look out of the awning window inches away is the vehicle.

How do other people arrange their 'rigs'  :huh:

37996[/snapback]

Just to reiterate when I say the 'back' of the pitch I mean the non-door side of the caravan i. e. normally the left-hand side from the road <_< As you said (better than me !!) Shiba

Last site I went to everyone had to pitch with the car on the opposite side from the awning.

Fine if you've got a big pitch, but intrusive if your neighbour's car is right next to your awning

C A	 C
  A W	 A
C R N   C R
A A I   A A
R V N   R V
  A G	 A
  N	   N
---road-----

Last site I went to everyone had to pitch with the car on the opposite side from the awning.

Fine if you've got a big pitch, but intrusive if your neighbour's car is right next to your awning

C A	 C
  A W	 A
C R N   C R
A A I   A A
R V N   R V
  A G	 A
  N	   N
---road-----

38010[/snapback]

We always like to complicate matters, as we have a continental van, so at least our van would end up awning to awning!!

Nissan X-trail 2. 2 DCi - 2005 Adria Altea 502 DK,2 well-behaved boys who I am immensely proud of!!

(Also a 1990 VW Golf Convertible, which definately does not tow anything!!!)

This post is not meant to intentionally offend anybody

Archived