Powrtouch Caravan Mover

RichardC

Hi all

Just returned from our first holiday in our new van. Everything went great (apart from an over efficious warden at the CC site in Folkestone - but that is another story!!) and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Once we got home though the fun started - while we thought that it would be tight to get the van into the space between the garage and a garden wall we did not think it would be that tight!!! We have to line the van up straight to get it in and because of the length of our unit I had to mount the pavement at the other side of the road drive the car over a grass verge and then reverse it back. Meanwhile holding up the traffic (fortunately its not a busy road).

We have a choice of demolishing the garage (a serious choice as we do not use it for the cars) or buy a caravan mover. Both have their merits but by buying the mover at least we will be able to use it when we are away as well.

I have read the various threads on this forum and also read caravan magazines and visited the various manufacturers websites and I think that the Powrtouch mover would be best for us, but at £1200 fitted (I am not competent enough at DIY to try and fit it myself) it is a serious investment.

What I was wondering was has anyone any experience of buying something like this at a show and would it be worth my while visiting a show to get the discount (ie would the discount justify a special visit to a show - with all the expense that would entail).

Many thanks

RichardC

My sister and brother-in-law had identical problems to you and they fitted a mover (the powrtouch) and it has made all the difference between parking at home or a divorce! :wub:

Hi Richard

No need to wait for the shows. Not sure if you know but Powrtouch advertise on this site. They have a special offer on at the moment where they will match any competitor. Press on this link to read about it.

http://www. caravantalk. org. uk/forums/index. ..?showtopic=5254 their telephone number is 0870 752 1762 and please mention you read about it on Caravantalk2. Plus, as you will read, their guarantee is a very good one and their after sales service is second to none.

Regards

Pete

Volvo

RichardC

I have no doubt that a mover is the best thing we have puchased other than the 'van itself.

Have never had to use the car to manouver the 'van since having a Powrtouch fitted. We use it at Storage as well as on site saving any wear and tear on the towing vehicle.

Hi all

Just returned from our first holiday in our new van.   Everything went great (apart from an over efficious warden at the CC site in Folkestone - but that is another story!!) and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Once we got home though the fun started - while we thought that it would be tight to get the van into the space between the garage and a garden wall we did not think it would be that tight!!!  We have to line the van up straight to get it in and because of the length of our unit I had to mount the pavement at the other side of the road drive the car over a grass verge and then reverse it back.   Meanwhile holding up the traffic (fortunately its not a busy road).

We have a choice of demolishing the garage (a serious choice as we do not use it for the cars) or buy a caravan mover.   Both have their merits but by buying the mover at least we will be able to use it when we are away as well.

I have read the various threads on this forum and also read caravan magazines and visited the various manufacturers websites and I think that the Powrtouch mover would be best for us, but at £1200 fitted (I am not competent enough at DIY to try and fit it myself) it is a serious investment.

What I was wondering was has anyone any experience of buying something like this at a show and would it be worth my while visiting a show to get the discount (ie would the discount justify a special visit to a show - with all the expense that would entail).

Many thanks

RichardC

37952[/snapback]

£1200 is excessive to say the least,you can get one fitted for around £800 if you take up there offer of matching any other mover

£1200 is excessive to say the least,you can get one fitted for around £800 if you take up there offer of matching any other mover

38119[/snapback]

I would be surprised if you could fine a mover for around £800 fitted to a twin axle 'van

I would be surprised if you could fine a mover for around £800 fitted to a twin axle 'van

38121[/snapback]

somewhere on this site the heavy duty mover (mod 3) was fitted with matching offer from anothe mover manufacturer for around that price

how much do you think then??certainly no where near 1200

type in powrtouch in the search facility and see the differnce people are paying

Klarky, would have expected to pay around £1000 on a twin axle. maybe the answer is a reconditioned one if available.

Check out http://www. rhyno. moonfruit. com/ - new one on me!!

Klarky, would have expected to pay around £1000 on a twin axle.   maybe the answer is a reconditioned one if available.

Check out http://www. rhyno. moonfruit. com/ - new one on me!!

38124[/snapback]

yes i have seen these,and you can get a mover fitted heavy duty powrtouch for less than 1000. mines a powrtouch 3 fitted when prices wher higher and it cost 940

as far as i know,single or twin axle the fitting are the same. only with it been a twin axle(usually a heavier van) mod 3 heavy duty mover required-fittings exactly the same

You wont be sorry :)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Hi all

Many thanks

RichardC

37952[/snapback]

Hi,

£1200 is over the odds for a Powrtouch, even a model 3 (heavy duty), I can't imagine where that price came from. We had a mod 3 fitted just over 3 months ago and the final price fitted, even with a powerbar was just over a grand - I have to add though that it is the best grand we have spent on caravanning. I can park our Lunar Lexon anywhere. I have manouvered it to within an inch of a wall using the powrtouch, manouvering onto chocks for levelling is a breeze.

It is well worth the expense

navigator

Thanks for all the replies. £1200 is the price quoted on the Powrtouch web-site. I have e-mailed them quoting Caravantalk2 and I am waiting for their response - hopefully I can get one fitted for about £1000.

Cheers.

Thanks for all the replies.   £1200 is the price quoted on the Powrtouch web-site.   I have e-mailed them quoting Caravantalk2 and I am waiting for their response - hopefully I can get one fitted for about £1000.

Cheers.

38318[/snapback]

Please let us know how "flexible" they are on the price :rolleyes: I fancy one as well!

Regards

Mal

Hi Mal

I have been quoted a price of £1033 fitted for the twin axle mover. This is against the £1200 fitted price on the web-site. I think this is a good price and I am going to go ahead with it. They have told me that the price they will be offering at shows this season for this model will be £1100 so I think I am getting a good deal.

The person I have been dealing with is Theresa Willis and she can be contacted on 01425 623123. Mention that you are a member of the CaravanTalk 2 Forum and I am sure she will give you a good deal.

Let me know how you get on - good luck.

Cheers

The person I have been dealing with is Theresa Willis and she can be contacted on 01425 623123.   Mention that you are a member of the CaravanTalk 2 Forum and I am sure she will give you a good deal.

Let me know how you get on - good luck.

Cheers

38673[/snapback]

Many thanks for the info,

I will proceed further in due course. Any idea how heavy the unit is once fitted?

Thanks

Mal

Hi,

When I bought the heavy duty model for my single axle van, I also dealt with Theresa Willis. Everything she said they would do, the did, on time, no fuss, any queries about delivery times were dealt with there and then.

navigator

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered my mover on 19th September - was given an estimated delivery date of 17th October. Was away in Ireland on business this week and telephoned home last night to be told by SWMBO that the mover had been delivered and the fitter had phoned to see if Friday (tomorrow) would suit for it to be fitted (he'd had a cancellation). As it happens tomorrow does not suit me but we have now agreed next Friday.

That's service - well done Powrtouch.