Abbey Adventura 516

dazkim

Hi all

Hoping to collect our new to us van at the weekend its a 2004 abbey adventura has anyone got one of these or had one and what do you think of them any comments welcome .

cheers dazkim

Hi Dazkim, I still have the 2004 (and 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2005) Abbey brochures and a 516 is not in the Aventura range, all the Aventura models are all 3**. The 516 is in the GTS Vouge range. However, assuming that you want comments on a 2004 Aventura I can say that we are more than pleased with ours.

The Aventura is the buget end of the Abbey range but has the same build quality as the rest. We bought our 318 because "she who must be obeyed" wanted that particular colour soft furnishings and a fixed bed, we also liked the worktops colour and design and dual fuel cooker.

We think the 2004 range is far better than the 2005/6 range.

We have had only minor porblems since new and all have been sorted out under warranty. A leak underneath the kitchen tap on the very first outing, a new flush pump (manual) in the toilet and the overbed 12v light became faulty and needed replacing. Knowing what troubles other people have had with their new caravans, I consider this to be very good.

I have fitted a CD/Radio, a few more 230v sockets (for convenience of use not increased loading) and the best thing scince sliced bread, a POWRTOUCH motor mover.

Hope this helps.

Hi barney rubble

You are correct it is a 316 aventura dont know where i got 516 from the one we are getting is the 316 5 berth with upgraded gts interia, alloy wheels,alarm,and the omnivent fan. thanks for your reply i cant wait now to get it.

cheers dazkim

Don't know about the 316 but we have the 2005 Freestyle 470 - which is the Aventura with upgrades - and we have been well pleased with it the only problem it has given me is deciding where to go next :huh: A mixture of a good touring van and retirement has meant so far this year ten weeks away and we are hoping to get at least another four weeks away before Christmas :lol:

Hi ted

cant fault ya on the road is the place to be. cheers dazkim

We too have an Abbey Freestyle fixed bed and are very happy with it.

Went to the Lawns show last week and we couldnt see a more suitable van except maybe the Avendale Argente with the same layout but the washroom has a separate WC and shower. Bet they all copy that next year.

Other than that the new Geist Aktiv which was on show near the golf course next door was fanatastic. As soon as they are on the forecourt we will be having another look and maybe trading in. Its the perfect layout for us with fixed bunks, side dinnette, parrallel lounge and even an end washroom, all on a single axle.

Geist are owned by the Hymer group especially for the UK market so you get great build quality but with UK specs.