Site Nr Blackpool

TD4 Sport

Hello,

I think its that time of year that the lights are on and we will take a trip to good old Blackpool and get fish n chips etc. .. :)

Are there any sites people would recomend, I'm coming from Chester so don't mine if it's on our side

Cheers

Scott

We visit Blackpool every year for the Illuminations, there are loads of sites to meet all tastes, we use either the CC site at Blackpool South or Mariclough.

Mariclough is an adults only site and has a web site. Access is easy from the Motorway and Blackpool is a short drive, www. maricloughhampsfieldcamping. com

Scott

unfortunately I live too near Blackpool to use the sites but there are a lot in the area. I live in Garstang and I know Bridge House Marina has a good name as does Claylands. Blackpool is 30 minutes max away. Primrose Caravan Park at Weeton always looks lovely when I drive past. I have looked at the CC site in Blackpool for a friend and it looks good. It depends what you need in the way of facilities. If there are any you fancy I can look at for you let me know

Regards

I have used the CC site several times really nice site only down side is that its not just close enough to either St Ann’s or Blackpool itself to not have to use the car but then again I think most of the sites around there are away from the centre.

JON

We've stayed on both pipers height and blackpool south cc and both i rate highly, and are not too far from all attractions.

i'm not sure what it is called but there is a site a little closer, maybe somebody on here maybe able to help.

When you leave the M55 and cross the roudabout onto the singlelane carriageway into blackpool, just before the petrol station on the left, is a pub with a caravan site, i think this would be the closest but not sure what it has to offer.

Dave.

Last went to Blackpool two years ago, has to be the scruffiest sea side resort in the UK and would not go there again if i was paid. The money that plac takes in you would think some of it would be used to smartin it up.

When it comes to the illuminations its the greatest free show in the UK, also the pleasure beach has some of the best rides in the country. I agree that some parts of Blackpool could do with smartning up, but the number of visitors speaks for its self.

Great,

Thanks for all the replys I think we will go for one of the CC ones as they do tend to be nice.

As for Blackpool, its a great laugh for once a yr, and a bit of a laugh. Take it for what it is, agree it could be cleaned up but the illuminations and chips on the front :o)

Cheers

Scott

the site your talking about is Hampton working mans asocial club site

http://www. hamptonroadsc. co. uk/

looks good but too near to the busy road for me litterally catch the stubs of cigs thrown out of cars from the site. .....

38012[/snapback]

We had a couple of days here earlier this year, I've no complaints; clean, very tidy, secure, concrete pitch. Cheap beer in the social club and only two streets from the 'front'. cheap pitch fee too, but you will need to book during illumintations. True, it is a little close to the main road with a bit of traffic noise early morning, however for 2 or 3 nights you can't knock it, we'll go again.

Wildkat

Blackpool is what you make it. Do not take it seriously. B)

• 4 weeks later...
When it comes to the illuminations its the greatest free show in the UK, also the pleasure beach has some of the best rides in the country. I agree that some parts of Blackpool could do with smartning up, but the number of visitors speaks for its self.

38193[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more!

We're actually going Sat-Sun this week, leaving Hull 7. 30am, getting to Blackpool, (little CL at Singleton) about 10. 30. Hot sausage sandwiches in the van, then into town for the day, pleasure beach, promenade, piers etc. Walk throught the lights later on, then back to site to sleep (having made beds up before leaving van). Up Sunday morning, back into town and into the Sandcastle for a couple of hours, then lunch at a cafe, back to van and home for around 7. 30pm. All in all, costs around £150 for the weekend. Love it! :D

if you have no luck at the cc site at blackpoolsouth . ..ask if they have the name or number for the one at the top of cropper rd just a bit further down from them heading towards st annes its a farm with hard standing looks ok to me

We stayed on the site your on about mark. t

It is a Camping and Caravan Site I think he has a sign at the bottom of the drive for the Camping and caravan club.

All hard standing pitches toilet and showers clean.

HI ALL

We are going to blackpool south on thursday through to sunday never been to this site before and we are quite looking forward to it. We booked in about 6 weeks ago and they were getting full then.

cheers dazkim :lol:

got to get out in my van . .......pipers hights me thinks can not get in at blackpool south just me and daughter . ..wife expecting around november time so 3 days break for her in October read some reviews and seams ok past it loads of times . ..i think i will use the van all year round every 4 too 6 weeks or so and give the wife some more breaks . .... only next time she'l have a new bambino. ..i will introduce him to the van next year when all the cotton wool falls off

Archived