Awning Tie-down Kits With Bradcot Awnings

Big Tim

A couple of years ago I bought a 920cm Bradcot Classic awning, with alloy frame, which I for use with my Avondale Landranger. In the instructions there is a clear warning that "tie-down kits" should not be used with the anwning as this likely to damage the awning/frame and will invalidate the guarantee.

The Bradcot does not seem to have any provision for attaching tie-down straps unlike some makes

What do Bradcot awning owners do when there is the likelihood of rough weather?

I have an Fiamma Tie-down kit which I used with my previous van and awning. I used 3 "W4" anti-friction sleeving pieces with this to stop the tie-down strap chaffing the awning canvas one piece above the side horizontal poles and one above the cenre horizontal pole.

Is it feasible to use this kit with the sleeving with the Bradcot or will it really damage the awning/frame?

Hi Big Tim

I had a bradcot awning with my last van but with the fibreglass poles they do say that if you use a tie down kit that the warranty will be invalidated but if your awning is over 12 months old it shouldn’t make a difference to the warranty but if the awning is pegged down fully with descent pegs I have never found the need for a tie down kit.

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

I am now using a Bradcott awning with Alloy poles. It may not be the largest awning (720) but it has never moved. I do use, though, rock pegs knocked in with a lump hammer. This year I also bought a standard annex (Bradcott not a cheapie) as a dumping ground. IE bikes,and varoius boxes. Leaves awning for sitting in. Worth it

We bought our Bradcot earlier in the year plus Easy Alloy Pole system. When I registered It was mentioned to me that they now have a specific tie down kit available for the Alloy Pole system. Cost was arounf the £38 mark if my memory serves me correctly.

Worth contacting Bradcot they are very pleasant people and they should be able to thrpw more light on this. Have never seen any in dealers but Bradcot assure me it is available

Hope this of some use