Provence First Service

deribronco

Hello Provence in for first service Nov wandering has anyone got the same niggles has me and have they been addressed on the service and how long they took i,ve spoken to my service centre and to bailey customer care line and i got the impression they are not aware of these problems 1. plastic facia above cooker and to the right(where i keep the kettle) 2. Noisy battery charger(fan seems to be on 80% of the time very annoying if you are trying to sleep sober) 3. Upholstrey stiching coming undone would like a quick turnaround on the service as i use the van every weekend apart from these points very happy with the van

Hi

We have a few niggling problems with our van too. They are most certainly aware of the melting extrusions over the cooker - ours has warped. Bailey have designed some stronger panels with a higher melting point and will replace them for you at the first service - but you need to tell your dealer to get some in. We have no problem with the fan. We also need some of our upholstery looking at. Other than that we have 13 other items that need addressing - having said that we are extremely pleased with the van and the problems have not stopped us enjoying it throught the summer months.

Emma

Hi,

I have my Vendee in with the dealer at the moment having warranty work carried out to rectify the faults on the following list. .

1) Floor creeks between the fixed bed and the door

2) Trim around bathroom door coming away

3) Sealant around bathroom sink coming away

4) Stitching on small cushion beneath picture window has come undone

5) Constant smell of gas in gas bottle locker

6) Black trim on inside door keeps coming off.

7) Cracks appearing on Heike roof light

8) Extractor fan widening mechanism keeps sticking while trying to open it

9) Plastic above cooker flex’s when using cooker rings

10) Hand break doesn’t hold caravan when applied

11) When braking the brakes on the caravan squeal

12) Aluminium strip around bottom of door has tarnished in colour.

13) Aluminium strip around door frame has tarnished in colour

14) The automatic function for the heating doesn’t work, when switch set to automatic fan speed it is the same as the manual speed

The workshop manager gave me an answer to the points 5,12,13 while I was booking the caravan in.

5)

The type of rubber hose gives off a gas type smells but they would check

12 & 13)

The tarnishing is actually a stretch mark that is made when the aluminium was

Shaped, I asked why none of the other Baileys they have on sale or awaiting delivery had these marks, I am now awaiting a valid explanation

My dealer seemed to be completely unaware of the issue with plastic above the cooker so i gave him a copy of an email reply from Bailey.

The problems haven’t stopped me from using the caravan but I thought it was better to get it sorted sooner rather than later.

Mmmmm this is our list and we are trying to book ours in at the dealers now.

1. Caravan brakes squealing.

2. Rear seat cushion (non split) – cover not properly sewn on at back. (Previously advised you of this)

3. Inner rubber door seal not properly secured at top right hand corner - it won’t stay in place when repositioned a number of times.

4. Right hand bathroom panel not secured properly at floor. Also plastic finishing strip on end of panel not properly secured at the bottom.

5. Shower cubicle not properly sealed (left side coming away slightly from wall panel).

6. Oven on cooker keeps going out after being properly lit. Appears to happen as soon as setting is turned up from any of the low ones – Flame is wavering & roars before going out.

7. Areas to side of oven get excessively hot. Bailey aware and have made up rated ventilation kit available – please liaise with Bailey for parts.

8. Plastic extrusions (with downlighters) above two rear gas burners distorted by heat. Bailey are also aware of this fault with Provences and have made new polycarbonate extrusions available – please liaise with Bailey for parts.

9. Hot plastic smell comes from Omivent when used according to instructions.

10. Downlighter on left at front of caravan not properly secured. (Screw will not tighten)

11. First overhead cupboard on left from door is snagging on left side when opened.

12. Piping around split cushion is not finished properly and is fraying.

13. Fridge door needs excessive pressure to open?

14. Free standing table has slightly twisted strut which needs twisting to engage onto leg support.

15. Extractor fan widening mechanism keeps sticking while trying to open it.

Emma

Please be aware that there is only a 12 month warranty on soft furnishings. I waited until my first service to mention that some of the piping on the cushions had frayed and was told by my dealer that nothing could be done as we were 4 days over the 12 month warranty. I went directly to Bailey with my problem who agreed to sort it.

Seamus1

Thanks for that Seamus. .... I will bear it in mind if I find anything else later. We only collected the van in April and so it is still a long way off being a year old yet.

Emma

My list is in another thread so I wont repeat it here - however, just returned from France where the nearside flyscreen and blind in the lounge area has become very 'notchy'. I also noticed that the top of one of the folding bedroom doors has missing trim - can any Provence owners please confirm that there is a piece of plastic trim on the top of both halfs of the door!!!!!

It does appear that everyone seems to have stitching coming apart on the upholstery, I have two backrests coming apart.

Incidentally, my service is coming up in the middle of October.

hi Colger,

Glad you had a good holiday in France.

I have just been in to look at our partition door. We also only have a trip on one of the doors - the one that is hinged to the bathroon does not have a trim on it. ..... I guess that will be item 16 on my 'faults' list.

by the way the rear brakes have the fuse located in slot 13 - if that helps with reference to our earlier discussion on brake lights and fuses.

Emma

ps. Our van is booked in for a week from 1st October at the dealers to get all the faults looked at. Our first service isn't until next April - but we are not waiting until then as we will want to be out in the van again. Will let you know how it gets on.

Emma - thanks for the information re the door and the fuse number - much appreciated

Gerry

Hi all

We got out provence in march love it to bits apart from the little problems we have found

We decided not to wait for the 1st service wanted it sorting straight away so it went in 2 weeks ago and we got it back on Saturday.

most of the parts have had to be ordered and the caravan is due to go back in October but at least the dealer is aware and something is been done about it

here is our little list (hope this works)

Michelle

Hi all

We got out provence in march love it to bits apart from the little problems we have found

We decided not to wait for the 1st service wanted it sorting straight away so it went in 2 weeks ago and we got it back on Saturday.

most of the parts have had to be ordered and the caravan is due to go back  in October but at least the dealer is aware and something is been done about it

here is our little list  (hope this works)

Michelle

38316[/snapback]

thanks for all the replies will make a list and give to dealers cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Michpiggy,

Possible problem with the fridge door marking the carpet is that the door is designed to be 'handed' and a little pin has been left attached to the underside of the opening side of the door to allow this. Simply unscrew it and the door easily clears the carpet.

This came up in another thread somewhere, can't take all the credit!

BigKen - guess it was me that found the pin had been left in the Fridge door when I reported it last year!!!!!!! lol

To remove the pin the door needs to be taken off.

Volvomec - no marks on roof from top lockers in my 'van but it does sound as tho there is movement somewhere !!

Hi All,

Interesting reading lists of problems, same problem with Pageant (see my entry made with reject parts)

It could be worth looking at the Sale of Goods Act. I have/still am used this with my caravan problems (still not all resolved and new ones keep propping up) because under the act you can claim out of pocket expenses such as having to take caravan to dealer etc. Yiou cannot claim such expenses under warranty work. You can reject the caravan anytime withinthe first 6 months and the problem isd accepted as existing when new, after six months different situation.

My Dealer certainly woke up when I did this and in fact the caravan was returned to Bailey for some of the larger work.

Worth considering

Only problems to date are:

1) 2 cupboards catching edge of moulding - only started since the hot weather in August.

2) One cusion seam coming apart.

Oh, nearly forgot duff battery charger - already fixed.

And that's it.

I had the fridge door problem as well - long nose pliers clockwise does the job, you don't need to take the door off either.

These are the 1st faults on 2 new Baileys I've owned.

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...

Just had my first service completed and all warranty work done.

Delivered the Provence to my dealer at 9am - phone call at 3pm to say all work done and 'van is ready for collection.

Picked the van up shortly after and now all set for continued use during the winter.

I am more than happy with the dealer and it was worth purchasing the van from a dealer more than 180 miles away. The service has been impeccable.

I had my vendee booked in at the dealer early September.

I collected the caravan on 11/09/5 to be told that they had only been able to sort 6 of the 14 faults.

They are having to order parts to replace / repair the rest, i was told that the parts would not be delivered to them until the last week in October. (What happened to baileys £5 million warehouse)?

I told the dealer that i was not happy and if all the faults are not rectified when they next have the van i want my money back.

They said that was up to bailey so i went to the caravan show at Malvern last weekend as there was supposed to be a bailey caravans employee there, he could not be found i imagine too many dissatisfied owners wanted to speak to him!