Fendt Caravans Direct From Germany

HAD

Has anyone bought a Fendt caravan direct from a dealer in Germany, if so was it easy and did it save alot of money. If anyone has a contact telephone number for a dealer and can tell us about their experiences I would be grateful.

Has anyone bought a Fendt caravan direct from a dealer in Germany, if so was it easy and did it save alot of money. If anyone has a contact telephone number for a dealer and can tell us about their experiences I would be grateful.

37694[/snapback]

A quyick look at http://www. ernst-caravan. de/HTMLeng/eng-start. html show the Fendt vans at baout the same amount of euros as the the English dealer ones are in pounds - so yes there would be a huge saving :-

€12,000 = £8,300 approximately !!

It would also make a nice long weekend picking it up! :rolleyes:

Just looking at the Ernst web site again - they are located in The Black Forest region - so make not a long week end but a long holiday, so much to do and see and every night home to you new van!

Guest Hobbybod

37694[/snapback]

Hi HAD,

I, and many others, have bought our caravans in Germany; it’s easy and they are MUCH cheaper there than here in the UK.

Fendt is now part of the Hobby Group and so generally Hobby dealers sell Fendt; except my dealer in Rheindahlen who sells Knaus as well as Hobbys, but not Fendt.

I looked at several German dealers, including Ernst, but decided that it was too far from the ports in France or Holland.

Fendt/Hobby Dealers who I considered, and are nearer to the ports, are ;

hobbyland-hexel in Dortmund. I nearly used this dealer and Perter Hexel speaks very good English. I know folks who have bought Hobbys from him and they reckon he’s great to buy from.

camping-krings in Moenchengladbach just ‘down the road from my dealer. They also have branches in Dusseldorf and Mulheim.

Niesmann Caravaning GmbH & Co in Polch. A very Brit oriented website, but somewhat further away. They are also the originators of the very fancy Neismann & Bischoff motorhomes.

Camperland J. Bong Vertriebs GmbH in Rheinbach, and its associated dealer

Caravan-Reismobile-Centrum Jutta Bong in Wesseling.

Now whilst on holiday in France, I met an English guy who had just bought (the previous week) his Fendt Diamant from this Wesseling dealer. He’d had various options etc fitted, and it looked a fantastic ‘van and it was the 2nd he’d bought from the dealer.

It had standard air-con, standard underfloor electric heating allied to the air-con control system, an optional coal effect Trumatic heater and various other gizmos; only trouble was that the MPTLM was 1600kgs!!

Go for it and get a really decent caravan for much less money than in the UK.

Finally, the guy with the new Diamant had asked his dealer how long it would take to get any spare parts, like body panels etc. if he bumped it. The dealer said that Fendt guarantee to get such spares within 2 weeks!! Tell that to Abbey, Swift, Compass & Elddis etc.

• 1 month later...
Guest Hobbybod

Roger, I grant that many caravan accessories may be cheaper, see Obelink, but Caravans are usually more expensive than in Germany due to higher VAT rates and the 'Importation Agent' arrangements.

Might be different if buying a Dutch 'van like Kip etc.

Now Motorhomes could be a different matter again, as you have to pay the UK VAT on new imported vehicles, for registration in the UK. For s/h vehicles the VAT has already been paid.

Guest Hobbybod
I thought the EC was banning (or had already banned) so-called "Importation Agent" arrangements.

Eriba's, also built in Germany, are cheaper in the Netherlands so Fendt's should be as well.

41508[/snapback]

Roger, it maybe the 'import agent' arrangements have changed, but I'm not sure on that.

When looking at buying a Hobby abroad ( all right, 4 years ago) I did look at Holland and they were undoubtedly more expensive than Germany. VAT is only 16% in Germany and someone, a Dutchman I think, warned me of the 'import agent' jacking up the price in Holland. Germany of course doesn't have an 'agent' for German 'vans.

When I wondered why acessories and awnings etc. often did seem cheaper in Holland, (still with their higher VAT) but 'vans weren't, it was then that the 'import agent' problem in Holland was explained; well vaguely!

When chatting to Dutchies on European sites, especially with a similar 'van, we have compared prices etc, and the Dutchies have often been somewhat surprised at the lower prices available in Germany. Although a few had gone to Germany to puchase there.

Why Eribas should be cheaper in Holland than Germany, I have no idea.

P. S. Just done a very quick comparison (couldn't find a site with Dutch 2006 prices) and found a 2004 Hobby Excellent 460UFe at Campoworld (Holland) for 13,000€ whilst a new 2006 one, at Joeressens in Germany, is only 13,500€. Same spec as far as I could see.

• 13 years later...

If you let me know the exact details of the model that you are looking at I would give them a call and ask for a quote when I’m back in Germany next week.

My local dealer sells Fendt, Tabbert, LMC, Bürstner and Weinsberg caravans.

We’ve be very happy with our deals and after sales service.

https://www.camping-krings.de/index.php/das-team/rechtliches/impressum

It does say on their website that they are having trouble with their telephone so it would be best to e-mail them.

Mönchengladbach is a 4 hour drive from Calais or just over 2 hours from Rotterdam Europort 

On 15/10/2005 at 21:01, RogerL said:

Eriba's, also built in Germany, are cheaper in the Netherlands so Fendt's should be as well.

A lot of Dutch folk buy caravans from Krings so I doubt they are cheaper in Holland 

On 06/09/2005 at 21:46, Guest Hobbybod said:

Fendt is now part of the Hobby Group and so generally Hobby dealers sell Fendt; except my dealer in Rheindahlen who sells Knaus as well as Hobbys, but not Fendt.

I cycled past Joeressens in Rheindahlen this morning 🤗🚴‍♂️