Five Berth

dazkim

Hi all

Well i think we have found the new van for us . We did want a fixed bed model but we have found a nice 2004 five berth end bed at a good price which we like and can afford .

Does any of you use the end bed on the five berth models as a full time permenent bed and what are they like for comfort.

Would you recomend using a matress topper of would that not make any difference.

cheers dazkim :P

Hi dazkim

Our last van was a five berth Lunar LX2000 525L which had a dining area which you could leave as a double bed if required I must admit we didn't leave it very often as we used to like that end of the van for chilling with a book if the other half had the tv on (winter nights of course) we never found a problem with comfort just make sure the roll ends of your cushions are not in the middle of your bed LOL :)

wish you lots of fun and happy hols in your new van

Sue ;)

Dazkim

I would just about echo Poppy. We have a 5 berth end diner/bed, if we arn't going to be in the van much during the day we leave the bed up otherwise take it down to free up more room for the kids. A bit of experimentation with the cushions will find the most comfy way, usually upside down with knee rolls to the outside. I would consider buying a fixed bed model if we didn't have kids but this way is obviously more versitile.

HTH

fatcol

We too have an end bed. As previously mentioned, depending on the season, depends on whether we would leave the bed made up. In the summer we would leave it made up as my daughter spends all day running around outside and therefore not sat in the van. In the winter when it may be wet etc she'd use the other dinette a lot more. Also it's nice to be able to just put her to bed when she finally gives in and falls asleep. We have a double door that rolls across to hide the bed, but I prefer to leave this open to allow more light in.

Enjoy your new van.

Gregg.

. .....sorry forgot to mention about the mattress topper. We use a second duvet (quite cheap from Tesco's) and find that makes enough difference and were nicely surprised that it didn't ruck up during the night, although that could have been the few scoops I'd had and passed out????

Hi all

Thanks for all your replys i feel a little better now that i know some of you also use it as a double and find it ok to sleep in. Also as ksugden said we might even go down that rought that sounds a good idea if we find the bed not quite comfortable enough. Cant wait till saturday now thats when we go and view the van and if its right we will be towing our new van home.

cheers dazkim

HI gregg

Abbey adventura 516 2004 MODEL

CHEERS DAZKIM

Archived